Subject: Bug with Guile 2.0.22

From: "Poussin, David L M" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2017 10:18:23 +0000

Dear Sir or Madam,

My name is David Poussin, I am a PHD in Imperial College London.

For my study, I try to use a simulation software named “ MIT Photonics bandgap “.
This software uses the guile library for part of its calculation.

However, when I try to launch it I obtain this error.

David$ mpb

Backtrace:

In ice-9/boot-9.scm:

 160: 11 Exception thrown while printing backtrace:

ERROR: In procedure private-lookup: Module named (system vm frame) does not exist

ERROR: In procedure scm-error:

ERROR: no code for module (system base compile)

It seems this error comes from Guile.

I searched a little bit and the software I try to use calls a previous version of Guile , v2.0.22.

I tried to download the latest version, but after, the MIT software does not recognise it.

I am using a MAC OS Sierra, version 10.12.5.

Do you know where my error comes from?

Thank you by advance,

David Poussin