Subject: bug#27736: OSX 10.6.8: Building from master branch fails.

From: Keith David Bershatsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2017 18:20:06 -0800

Here is the backtrace using the master branch downloaded this evening (11/05/2017).  `pp specified_time` result is located at the end of the backtrace.

server:src HOME$ /Users/HOME/.0.data/.0.emacs/.0.macports/bin/ggdb /Users/HOME/Desktop/emacs/src/emacs
GNU gdb (GDB) 7.9.1
Copyright (C) 2015 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.  Type "show copying"
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "x86_64-apple-darwin10.8.0".
Type "show configuration" for configuration details.
For bug reporting instructions, please see:
<http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/bugs/>.
Find the GDB manual and other documentation resources online at:
<http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/documentation/>.
For help, type "help".
Type "apropos word" to search for commands related to "word"...
Reading symbols from /Users/HOME/Desktop/emacs/src/emacs...done.
SIGINT is used by the debugger.
Are you sure you want to change it? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from terminal]
DISPLAY = /tmp/launch-7r8Xmk/org.x:0
TERM = xterm-color
Breakpoint 1 at 0x100136006: file emacs.c, line 364.
Temporary breakpoint 2 at 0x1001640d8: file sysdep.c, line 1071.

(gdb) run -batch --no-site-file --no-site-lisp --eval '(setq load-prefer-newer t)' -f batch-byte-compile /Users/HOME/Desktop/emacs/lisp/org/org-timer.el
Starting program: /Users/HOME/Desktop/emacs/src/emacs -batch --no-site-file --no-site-lisp --eval '(setq load-prefer-newer t)' -f batch-byte-compile /Users/HOME/Desktop/emacs/lisp/org/org-timer.el

[New Thread 0x1903 of process 74928]
[New Thread 0x1a03 of process 74928]
^C
Breakpoint 1, terminate_due_to_signal (sig=2, backtrace_limit=40)
    at emacs.c:364
364	  signal (sig, SIG_DFL);

(gdb) bt

#0  terminate_due_to_signal (sig=2, backtrace_limit=40) at emacs.c:364
#1  0x000000010016542b in handle_fatal_signal (sig=2) at sysdep.c:1769
#2  0x000000010016535f in deliver_process_signal (sig=2, 
    handler=0x100165413 <handle_fatal_signal>) at sysdep.c:1709
#3  0x0000000100165445 in deliver_fatal_signal (sig=2) at sysdep.c:1775
#4  0x00007fff870231ba in cidToUnicode_CNS1 () from /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
#5  0x00007fff87007aac in cidToUnicode_CNS1 () from /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
#6  0x00007fff8700781c in cidToUnicode_CNS1 () from /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
#7  0x00007fff87010d71 in cidToUnicode_CNS1 () from /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
#8  0x00000001002f8e00 in localtime_rz (tz=0x101109930, t=0x7fff5fbf93d8, 
    tm=0x7fff5fbf9300) at time_rz.c:296
#9  0x00000001001e58c9 in emacs_localtime_rz (tz=0x101109930, 
    t=0x7fff5fbf93d8, tm=0x7fff5fbf9300) at editfns.c:103
#10 0x00000001001eb594 in Fdecode_time (specified_time=XIL(0x1065cca73), 
    zone=XIL(0)) at editfns.c:2165
#11 0x0000000100203bff in funcall_subr (subr=0x1007c2008 <Sdecode_time>, 
    numargs=1, args=0x7fff5fbf9548) at eval.c:2844
#12 0x0000000100203700 in Ffuncall (nargs=2, args=0x7fff5fbf9540)
    at eval.c:2767
#13 0x000000010025d481 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=XIL(0x102070104), 
    vector=XIL(0x10658aa75), maxdepth=make_number(8), 
    args_template=make_number(257), nargs=1, args=0x7fff5fbf9988)
    at bytecode.c:629
#14 0x00000001002043ab in funcall_lambda (fun=XIL(0x10658aae5), nargs=1, 
    arg_vector=0x7fff5fbf9980) at eval.c:2968
#15 0x0000000100203738 in Ffuncall (nargs=2, args=0x7fff5fbf9978)
    at eval.c:2769
#16 0x000000010025d481 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=XIL(0x1020700c4), 
    vector=XIL(0x10658aa15), maxdepth=make_number(10), 
    args_template=make_number(771), nargs=3, args=0x7fff5fbf9db0)
    at bytecode.c:629
#17 0x00000001002043ab in funcall_lambda (fun=XIL(0x10658aa45), nargs=3, 
    arg_vector=0x7fff5fbf9d98) at eval.c:2968
#18 0x0000000100203738 in Ffuncall (nargs=4, args=0x7fff5fbf9d90)
    at eval.c:2769
#19 0x000000010025d481 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=XIL(0x1020700a4), 
    vector=XIL(0x10658ab35), maxdepth=make_number(11), args_template=XIL(0), 
    nargs=0, args=0x0) at bytecode.c:629
#20 0x000000010025c59f in Fbyte_code (bytestr=XIL(0x1020700a4), 
    vector=XIL(0x10658ab35), maxdepth=make_number(11)) at bytecode.c:321
#21 0x0000000100201e0d in eval_sub (form=XIL(0x1065c4873)) at eval.c:2238
#22 0x00000001001fd7ad in Fdefconst (args=XIL(0x1065c4883)) at eval.c:817
#23 0x000000010020190c in eval_sub (form=XIL(0x1065c4893)) at eval.c:2184
#24 0x000000010023b925 in readevalloop (readcharfun=XIL(0x5ee0), 
    infile0=0x7fff5fbfa6e0, sourcename=XIL(0x102c6518c), printflag=false, 
    unibyte=XIL(0), readfun=XIL(0), start=XIL(0), end=XIL(0)) at lread.c:2038
#25 0x0000000100239a02 in Fload (file=XIL(0x102c778fc), noerror=XIL(0), 
    nomessage=XIL(0xb3a0), nosuffix=XIL(0), must_suffix=XIL(0xb3a0))
    at lread.c:1425
#26 0x00000001002128b8 in Frequire (feature=XIL(0x703d600), filename=XIL(0), 
    noerror=XIL(0)) at fns.c:2807
#27 0x0000000100203c33 in funcall_subr (subr=0x1007c3f68 <Srequire>, 
    numargs=1, args=0x7fff5fbfac60) at eval.c:2847
#28 0x0000000100203700 in Ffuncall (nargs=2, args=0x7fff5fbfac58)
    at eval.c:2767
#29 0x00000001002023d3 in Fapply (nargs=2, args=0x7fff5fbfac58) at eval.c:2344
#30 0x0000000100203a90 in funcall_subr (subr=0x1007c2ca8 <Sapply>, numargs=2, 
    args=0x7fff5fbfac58) at eval.c:2822
---Type <return> to continue, or q <return> to quit---
#31 0x0000000100203700 in Ffuncall (nargs=3, args=0x7fff5fbfac50)
    at eval.c:2767
#32 0x000000010025d481 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=XIL(0x1011276b4), 
    vector=XIL(0x107115e6d), maxdepth=make_number(9), 
    args_template=make_number(257), nargs=1, args=0x7fff5fbfb0c8)
    at bytecode.c:629
#33 0x00000001002043ab in funcall_lambda (fun=XIL(0x107115f1d), nargs=1, 
    arg_vector=0x7fff5fbfb0c0) at eval.c:2968
#34 0x0000000100203738 in Ffuncall (nargs=2, args=0x7fff5fbfb0b8)
    at eval.c:2769
#35 0x000000010025d481 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=XIL(0x101127414), 
    vector=XIL(0x107114e9d), maxdepth=make_number(4), 
    args_template=make_number(257), nargs=1, args=0x7fff5fbfb4c0)
    at bytecode.c:629
#36 0x00000001002043ab in funcall_lambda (fun=XIL(0x107114ecd), nargs=1, 
    arg_vector=0x7fff5fbfb4b8) at eval.c:2968
#37 0x0000000100203738 in Ffuncall (nargs=2, args=0x7fff5fbfb4b0)
    at eval.c:2769
#38 0x000000010025d481 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=XIL(0x1011273b4), 
    vector=XIL(0x1071141cd), maxdepth=make_number(5), 
    args_template=make_number(257), nargs=1, args=0x7fff5fbfb8a8)
    at bytecode.c:629
#39 0x00000001002043ab in funcall_lambda (fun=XIL(0x107114e3d), nargs=1, 
    arg_vector=0x7fff5fbfb8a0) at eval.c:2968
#40 0x0000000100203738 in Ffuncall (nargs=2, args=0x7fff5fbfb898)
    at eval.c:2769
#41 0x000000010025d481 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=XIL(0x101123524), 
    vector=XIL(0x107107eed), maxdepth=make_number(10), 
    args_template=make_number(514), nargs=2, args=0x7fff5fbfbcc8)
    at bytecode.c:629
#42 0x00000001002043ab in funcall_lambda (fun=XIL(0x107107f5d), nargs=2, 
    arg_vector=0x7fff5fbfbcb8) at eval.c:2968
#43 0x0000000100203738 in Ffuncall (nargs=3, args=0x7fff5fbfbcb0)
    at eval.c:2769
#44 0x000000010025d481 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=XIL(0x101127394), 
    vector=XIL(0x1071121dd), maxdepth=make_number(4), 
    args_template=make_number(257), nargs=1, args=0x7fff5fbfc098)
    at bytecode.c:629
#45 0x00000001002043ab in funcall_lambda (fun=XIL(0x107114e6d), nargs=1, 
    arg_vector=0x7fff5fbfc090) at eval.c:2968
#46 0x0000000100203738 in Ffuncall (nargs=2, args=0x7fff5fbfc088)
    at eval.c:2769
#47 0x000000010025d481 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=XIL(0x1011269e4), 
    vector=XIL(0x10711203d), maxdepth=make_number(10), 
    args_template=make_number(257), nargs=1, args=0x7fff5fbfc510)
    at bytecode.c:629
#48 0x00000001002043ab in funcall_lambda (fun=XIL(0x10711211d), nargs=1, 
    arg_vector=0x7fff5fbfc508) at eval.c:2968
#49 0x0000000100203738 in Ffuncall (nargs=2, args=0x7fff5fbfc500)
    at eval.c:2769
#50 0x000000010025d481 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=XIL(0x101126984), 
    vector=XIL(0x107112e3d), maxdepth=make_number(17), 
    args_template=make_number(257), nargs=1, args=0x7fff5fbfca68)
    at bytecode.c:629
#51 0x00000001002043ab in funcall_lambda (fun=XIL(0x10711214d), nargs=1, 
    arg_vector=0x7fff5fbfca60) at eval.c:2968
#52 0x0000000100203738 in Ffuncall (nargs=2, args=0x7fff5fbfca58)
    at eval.c:2769
---Type <return> to continue, or q <return> to quit---
#53 0x000000010025d481 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=XIL(0x1011265e4), 
    vector=XIL(0x107110e7d), maxdepth=make_number(18), 
    args_template=make_number(513), nargs=1, args=0x7fff5fbfd060)
    at bytecode.c:629
#54 0x00000001002043ab in funcall_lambda (fun=XIL(0x1071111bd), nargs=1, 
    arg_vector=0x7fff5fbfd058) at eval.c:2968
#55 0x0000000100203738 in Ffuncall (nargs=2, args=0x7fff5fbfd050)
    at eval.c:2769
#56 0x000000010025d481 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=XIL(0x10112b5f4), 
    vector=XIL(0x1071310dd), maxdepth=make_number(8), 
    args_template=make_number(257), nargs=1, args=0x7fff5fbfd4b8)
    at bytecode.c:629
#57 0x00000001002043ab in funcall_lambda (fun=XIL(0x10712d1cd), nargs=1, 
    arg_vector=0x7fff5fbfd4b0) at eval.c:2968
#58 0x0000000100203738 in Ffuncall (nargs=2, args=0x7fff5fbfd4a8)
    at eval.c:2769
#59 0x000000010025d481 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=XIL(0x10112b594), 
    vector=XIL(0x1071340dd), maxdepth=make_number(10), 
    args_template=make_number(256), nargs=0, args=0x7fff5fbfd9a8)
    at bytecode.c:629
#60 0x00000001002043ab in funcall_lambda (fun=XIL(0x10712d19d), nargs=0, 
    arg_vector=0x7fff5fbfd9a8) at eval.c:2968
#61 0x0000000100203738 in Ffuncall (nargs=1, args=0x7fff5fbfd9a0)
    at eval.c:2769
#62 0x000000010025d481 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=XIL(0x1004c5f7c), 
    vector=XIL(0x1004c5f9d), maxdepth=make_number(23), 
    args_template=make_number(257), nargs=1, args=0x7fff5fbfe248)
    at bytecode.c:629
#63 0x00000001002043ab in funcall_lambda (fun=XIL(0x1004c5f4d), nargs=1, 
    arg_vector=0x7fff5fbfe240) at eval.c:2968
#64 0x0000000100203738 in Ffuncall (nargs=2, args=0x7fff5fbfe238)
    at eval.c:2769
#65 0x000000010025d481 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=XIL(0x1004c0744), 
    vector=XIL(0x1004c0765), maxdepth=make_number(21), 
    args_template=make_number(0), nargs=0, args=0x7fff5fbfed78)
    at bytecode.c:629
#66 0x00000001002043ab in funcall_lambda (fun=XIL(0x1004c0715), nargs=0, 
    arg_vector=0x7fff5fbfed78) at eval.c:2968
#67 0x0000000100203738 in Ffuncall (nargs=1, args=0x7fff5fbfed70)
    at eval.c:2769
#68 0x000000010025d481 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=XIL(0x1004bf934), 
    vector=XIL(0x1004bf955), maxdepth=make_number(12), 
    args_template=make_number(0), nargs=0, args=0x7fff5fbff2b0)
    at bytecode.c:629
#69 0x00000001002043ab in funcall_lambda (fun=XIL(0x1004bf905), nargs=0, 
    arg_vector=0x7fff5fbff2b0) at eval.c:2968
#70 0x0000000100203fda in apply_lambda (fun=XIL(0x1004bf905), args=XIL(0), 
    count=4) at eval.c:2904
#71 0x0000000100201fd5 in eval_sub (form=XIL(0x104139273)) at eval.c:2277
#72 0x000000010020125f in Feval (form=XIL(0x104139273), lexical=XIL(0))
    at eval.c:2052
#73 0x000000010013afe0 in top_level_2 () at keyboard.c:1119
#74 0x00000001001ff34a in internal_condition_case (
    bfun=0x10013afbc <top_level_2>, handlers=XIL(0x48f0), 
    hfun=0x10013a8cd <cmd_error>) at eval.c:1332
#75 0x000000010013b02c in top_level_1 (ignore=XIL(0)) at keyboard.c:1127
#76 0x00000001001fe7c3 in internal_catch (tag=XIL(0xb9d0), 
    func=0x10013afe2 <top_level_1>, arg=XIL(0)) at eval.c:1097
---Type <return> to continue, or q <return> to quit---
#77 0x000000010013af01 in command_loop () at keyboard.c:1088
#78 0x000000010013a364 in recursive_edit_1 () at keyboard.c:695
#79 0x000000010013a57b in Frecursive_edit () at keyboard.c:766
#80 0x0000000100138090 in main (argc=9, argv=0x7fff5fbff8b0) at emacs.c:1711
[New Thread 0x1a07 of process 74928]

Lisp Backtrace:
"decode-time" (0x5fbf9548)
0x658aae0 PVEC_COMPILED
0x658aa40 PVEC_COMPILED
"byte-code" (0x5fbfa0c0)
"defconst" (0x5fbfa370)
"require" (0x5fbfac60)
"apply" (0x5fbfac58)
"byte-compile-file-form-require" (0x5fbfb0c0)
"byte-compile-file-form" (0x5fbfb4b8)
0x7114e38 PVEC_COMPILED
"byte-compile-recurse-toplevel" (0x5fbfbcb8)
"byte-compile-toplevel-file-form" (0x5fbfc090)
0x7112118 PVEC_COMPILED
"byte-compile-from-buffer" (0x5fbfca60)
"byte-compile-file" (0x5fbfd058)
"batch-byte-compile-file" (0x5fbfd4b0)
"batch-byte-compile" (0x5fbfd9a8)
"command-line-1" (0x5fbfe240)
"command-line" (0x5fbfed78)
"normal-top-level" (0x5fbff2b0)

(gdb) frame 10

#10 0x00000001001eb594 in Fdecode_time (specified_time=XIL(0x1065cca73), 
    zone=XIL(0)) at editfns.c:2165
2165	  struct tm *tm = emacs_localtime_rz (tz, &time_spec, &local_tm);

(gdb) pp specified_time

(-1034058203135 0)

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

DATE:  [11-05-2017 12:54:19] <5 Nov 2017 21:54:19 +0100>
FROM:  "Charles A. Roelli" <[email-masked]>
> 
> Could you please show a backtrace as posted here:
> 
> https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=27736#49
> 
> * * *