Subject: bug#27734: closed (Re: bug#27734: 26.0.50; display-line-numbers: allow to set alternate face for multiples of N)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 06 Oct 2019 18:57:03 +0000

Your bug report

#27734: 26.0.50; display-line-numbers: allow to set alternate face for multiples of N

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
27734: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=27734
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#27734: 26.0.50; display-line-numbers: allow to set alternate face for multiples of N
From: Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]>
To: "Yuri D'Elia" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2019 20:56:00 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Implemented by this commit:

commit 8de2e69f021b5b2920a07d82c9869bb394171d41
 Author: Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]>
 Date:   2019-10-06 20:53:18 +0200

     Set alternate faces for some line numbers (bug#27734)

     * lisp/faces.el (line-number-major-tick, line-number-minor-tick):
     New faces.
     * lisp/cus-start.el (display-line-numbers-major-tick)
     (display-line-numbers-minor-tick): Add customization info.
     * lisp/frame.el: Add `display-line-numbers-major-tick' and
     `display-line-numbers-minor-tick' to list of variables which
     should trigger redisplay of the current buffer.

     * src/xdisp.c (syms_of_xdisp) <display-line-numbers-major-tick>
     <display-line-numbers-major-tick>: Defvar new options.
     (syms_of_xdisp) <line-number-major-tick, line-number-minor-tick>:
     Defsym new faces.
     (maybe_produce_line_number): Use new faces for line numbers
     that are multiple of `display-line-numbers-major-tick' and
     `display-line-numbers-minor-tick'.

     * etc/NEWS (value): Announce new feature.
     * doc/emacs/display.texi (Display Custom): Describe it.  Wording by
     Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>

Subject: 26.0.50; display-line-numbers: allow to set alternate face for multiples of N
From: Yuri D'Elia <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2017 16:38:38 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Severity: wishlist

When displaying line numbers using the new `display-line-numbers'
feature, we could add a face to be used for each line number that is a
multiple of some number N, which could be specified by the user.

 display-line-numbers-alternate (interger or nil to disable)
 line-number-alternate (alternative face)

When used with line-number-current-line, line-number-current-line
obviously takes precedence.