Subject: bug#27712: 26.0.50; ffap in python-mode

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2017 19:31:57 +0200

In python-mode, with elpy loaded (seems to have no effect), nothing has
effect. I'm just doing "ido-find-file". The trace shows ffap in there.

This is the debugger info:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument arrayp nil)
  replace-regexp-in-string("\\`\\^" "" nil)
  (concat "\015?\n?" (replace-regexp-in-string "\\`\\^" "" python-shell--prompt-calculated-input-regexp) "\\'")
  (string-match (concat "\015?\n?" (replace-regexp-in-string "\\`\\^" "" python-shell--prompt-calculated-input-regexp) "\\'") output)
  (let ((debug-on-error t)) (string-match (concat "\015?\n?" (replace-regexp-in-string "\\`\\^" "" python-shell--prompt-calculated-input-regexp) "\\'") output))
  python-shell-comint-end-of-output-p("\n")
  python-shell-output-filter("\n")
  comint-output-filter(#<process python> "\n")
  accept-process-output(#<process python>)
  python-shell-send-string-no-output("\ndef __FFAP_get_module_path(objstr):\n    try:\n        import inspect\n        import os.path\n        # NameError exceptions are delayed until this point.\n        obj = eval(objstr)\n        module = inspect.getmodule(obj)\n        filename = module.__file__\n        ext = os.path.splitext(filename)[1]\n        if ext in ('.pyc', '.pyo'):\n            # Point to the source file.\n            filename = filename[:-1]\n        if os.path.exists(filename):\n            return filename\n        return ''\n    except:\n        return ''\nprint (__FFAP_get_module_path('''import'''))" #<process python>)
  python-ffap-module-path("import")
  ffap-file-at-point()
  ffap-guesser()
  ido-file-internal(raise-frame)
  ido-find-file()
  funcall-interactively(ido-find-file)
  call-interactively(ido-find-file nil nil)
  command-execute(ido-find-file)

In GNU Emacs 26.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.16)
 of 2017-07-01 built on archbook
Repository revision: 7618d29db36396fbd736672cadaca641186c1dc5
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11903000
Recent messages:
Mark saved where search started
Navi mode enabled
You should have a section marked ";;; Commentary:"

The first line should be of the form: ";;; package --- Summary"
Search failed. This means there is unmatched expression somewhere or we are at the beginning/end of file. [2 times]
Mark saved where search started [2 times]
Quit
Killed inactive buffer: *Help*.
Unable to load color "selectedKnobColor"

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-gameuser=:games
 --with-sound=alsa --with-xft --with-modules --with-x-toolkit=gtk3
 --without-gconf --with-gsettings --without-gpm --without-m17n-flt
 --with-xwidgets --without-compress-install 'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64
 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector-strong'
 CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY ACL
GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE LIBOTF XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11
MODULES XWIDGETS LIBSYSTEMD

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_COLLATE: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_CTYPE: UTF-8
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_MONETARY: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Debugger

Minor modes in effect:
  pyvenv-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  persp-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  display-battery-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  ido-sort-mtime-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  show-smartparens-global-mode: t
  smartparens-global-mode: t
  dired-async-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  flx-ido-mode: t
  ido-everywhere: t
  cl-old-struct-compat-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/pascal/egoroot/emp/.emacs.d/packages/mark-more-like-this-1.0/mark-more-like-this hides /home/pascal/egoroot/emp/.emacs.d/packages/mark-multiple-20121118.754/mark-more-like-this
/home/pascal/egoroot/emp/.emacs.d/packages/python-mode-20170626.1017/python-mode-pkg hides /home/pascal/egoroot/emp/.emacs.d//python-mode-20170507.953/python-mode-pkg
/home/pascal/egoroot/emp/.emacs.d/packages/python-mode-20170626.1017/python-mode hides /home/pascal/egoroot/emp/.emacs.d//python-mode-20170507.953/python-mode
/home/pascal/egoroot/emp/.emacs.d/packages/python-mode-20170626.1017/python-mode-autoloads hides /home/pascal/egoroot/emp/.emacs.d//python-mode-20170507.953/python-mode-autoloads
/home/pascal/egoroot/emp/.emacs.d/packages/elpy-20170701.1412/elpy hides /home/pascal/egoroot/emp/.emacs.d//elpy-20170430.255/elpy
/home/pascal/egoroot/emp/.emacs.d/packages/elpy-20170701.1412/elpy-autoloads hides /home/pascal/egoroot/emp/.emacs.d//elpy-20170430.255/elpy-autoloads
/home/pascal/egoroot/emp/.emacs.d/packages/elpy-20170701.1412/elpy-refactor hides /home/pascal/egoroot/emp/.emacs.d//elpy-20170430.255/elpy-refactor
/home/pascal/egoroot/emp/.emacs.d/packages/elpy-20170701.1412/elpy-profile hides /home/pascal/egoroot/emp/.emacs.d//elpy-20170430.255/elpy-profile
/home/pascal/egoroot/emp/.emacs.d/packages/elpy-20170701.1412/elpy-django hides /home/pascal/egoroot/emp/.emacs.d//elpy-20170430.255/elpy-django
/home/pascal/egoroot/emp/.emacs.d/packages/elpy-20170701.1412/elpy-pkg hides /home/pascal/egoroot/emp/.emacs.d//elpy-20170430.255/elpy-pkg
/home/pascal/egoroot/emp/.emacs.d/packages/howdoi-20150203.1643/howdoi hides /home/pascal/egoroot/emp/.emacs.d/howdoi
/home/pascal/egoroot/emp/.emacs.d/uniquify hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/uniquify

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg
gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mail-utils colir misearch multi-isearch eieio-opt speedbar
sb-image ezimage dframe cl-print debug flymake-cursor js-mode-expansions
js html-mode-expansions sgml-mode dom help-fns radix-tree elpy pyvenv
elpy-profile elpy-django elpy-refactor files-x cus-edit cus-start
cus-load company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags company-gtags
company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files company-capf
company-cmake company-xcode company-clang company-semantic company-eclim
company-template company-css company-nxml company-bbdb company
emp-python pycoverage linum expand-region text-mode-expansions
cc-mode-expansions the-org-mode-expansions python-mode-expansions
python-el-fgallina-expansions web-mode-expansions er-basic-expansions
expand-region-core expand-region-custom sphinx-doc python python-mode
info-look which-func hippie-exp tabify vc-git diff-mode hideshow
persp-mode emp-init emp-dired emp-c++ emp-misc-settings time battery
winner mm-util mail-prsvr tramp-cache tramp-sh tramp tramp-compat
tramp-loaddefs trampver ucs-normalize parse-time recentf tree-widget
wid-edit emp-misc-functions emp-keybindings emp-display kooten-theme
paren ido-sort-mtime howdoi counsel jka-compr swiper ivy delsel
ivy-overlay ffap modulous smartparens-python wgrep smartparens-config
smartparens-html smartparens dired+ image-dired image-mode image-file
emp-external-plugins dired-async async dired-aux realgud realgud-zshdb
realgud:zshdb-track-mode realgud:zshdb-core realgud:zshdb-init
realgud-trepan3k realgud:trepan3k-track-mode realgud:trepan3k-core
realgud:trepan3k-init realgud-trepan2 realgud:trepan2-track-mode
realgud:trepan2-core realgud:trepan2-init realgud-trepanpl
realgud:trepanpl-track-mode realgud:trepanpl-core realgud:trepanpl-init
realgud-trepanjs realgud:trepanjs-track-mode realgud:trepanjs-core
realgud:trepanjs-init realgud-trepan realgud:trepan-track-mode
realgud:trepan-core realgud:trepan-init realgud-remake
realgud:remake-track-mode realgud:remake-core realgud:remake-init
realgud-rdebug realgud-rdebug-track-mode realgud-rdebug-core
realgud-rdebug-init realgud-lang-ruby realgud-perldb
realgud:perldb-track-mode realgud:perldb-core realgud:perldb-init
realgud-lang-perl realgud-pdb realgud:pdb-track-mode realgud:pdb-core
realgud:pdb-init realgud-nodejs realgud:nodejs-track-mode
realgud:nodejs-core realgud:nodejs-init realgud-lang-js realgud-kshdb
realgud:kshdb-track-mode realgud:kshdb-core realgud:kshdb-init
realgud-jdb realgud:jdb-track-mode realgud:jdb-core realgud:jdb-init
realgud-lang-java gud realgud-ipdb realgud:ipdb-track-mode
realgud:ipdb-core realgud:ipdb-init realgud-lang-python realgud-gub
realgud:gub-track-mode realgud:gub-core realgud:gub-init realgud-gdb
realgud:gdb-track-mode realgud:gdb-init realgud:gdb-core realgud-bashdb
realgud:bashdb-track-mode realgud:bashdb-core realgud:bashdb-init
realgud-lang-posix-shell realgud:run realgud-track-mode
realgud-backtrace-mode realgud-track realgud-shortkey realgud-menu
realgud-eval realgud-cmds realgud-send realgud-window realgud-utils
realgud-init realgud-file esh-var esh-io esh-cmd esh-opt esh-ext
esh-proc esh-arg esh-groups eshell esh-module esh-util esh-mode
realgud-core realgud-reset realgud-buffer-helper
realgud-buffer-backtrace realgud-buffer-command realgud-buffer-info
realgud-regexp realgud-lochist org org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete
org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline org-version
ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-src ob-keys
ob-comint ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs format-spec
cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs realgud-bp realgud-bp-image-data
realgud-loc realgud-buffer-source realgud-key key realgud-follow
realgud-lang realgud-fringe realgud-helper loc-changes shell pcomplete
realgud-custom load-relative projectile grep ibuf-ext ibuffer
ibuffer-loaddefs py-autopep8 typescript avy ag vc-svn find-dired s eashy
powerline powerline-separators color powerline-themes solidity-mode
flycheck find-func dash cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds
cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs flymake-jslint flymake-easy
flymake compile comint ansi-color web-mode derived disp-table restclient
url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util mailcap dockerfile-mode rx sh-script smie executable
git-gutter dired-fixups ls-lisp dired-x json-reformat subr-x json map
xml-parse etags-select etags xref project ring tempbuf switch-window
switch-window-mvborder switch-window-asciiart pcase quail smart
next-at-point undo-tree diff imenu-anywhere imenu navi edmacro kmacro
easy-mmode flx-ido flx ido key-chord multiple-cursors
mc-hide-unmatched-lines-mode mc-separate-operations
rectangular-region-mode mc-mark-pop mc-mark-more thingatpt
mc-cycle-cursors mc-edit-lines multiple-cursors-core rect cl-extra
yasnippet help-mode elscreen dired dired-loaddefs server package-loader
advice info emp-external-packages cl finder-inf package easymenu
epg-config url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core
cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win
x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting xwidget-internal move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 683320 68111)
 (symbols 48 59267 2)
 (miscs 40 1082 1169)
 (strings 32 181062 6488)
 (string-bytes 1 5687143)
 (vectors 16 90226)
 (vector-slots 8 1807912 24365)
 (floats 8 455 1088)
 (intervals 56 1880 250)
 (buffers 976 24))