Subject: bug#27708: [PROPOSED] Simplify configuration of HAVE_GNUTLS3 etc.

From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2017 17:32:59 -0400

Ted Zlatanov wrote:

> I think that this means that one of MD5, SHA1, SHA224, SHA256, SHA384,
> or SHA512 (the `secure-hash-algorithms' members currently) are not in
> that version of GnuTLS.
>
> That is not really necessary. I was overzealous writing the tests; we
> can just test the `secure-hash-algorithms' that are in GnuTLS.

Before a8a81df:

(mapcar 'car (gnutls-ciphers))

-> 
(RC2-40 ARCFOUR-40 DES-CBC 3DES-CBC CAMELLIA-256-GCM CAMELLIA-128-GCM
CAMELLIA-128-CBC CAMELLIA-192-CBC CAMELLIA-256-CBC SALSA20-256
ESTREAM-SALSA20-256 ARCFOUR-128 AES-256-GCM AES-128-GCM AES-128-CBC
AES-192-CBC AES-256-CBC)

After a8a81df:

(gnutls-ciphers) -> nil

which seems a pretty drastic change to me.

Again, this is with:
#define GNUTLS_VERSION "3.3.24"
#define GNUTLS_VERSION_NUMBER 0x030318