Subject: bug#27708: [PROPOSED] Simplify configuration of HAVE_GNUTLS3 etc.

From: Ted Zlatanov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2017 16:45:03 -0400

On Thu, 3 Aug 2017 13:31:33 -0700 Paul Eggert <[email-masked]> wrote: 

PE> On 08/03/2017 01:20 PM, Ted Zlatanov wrote:
>> I was overzealous writing the tests; we
>> can just test the `secure-hash-algorithms' that are in GnuTLS. Can we
>> check the patch below against Hydra without pushing it to master yet?

PE> I tried that patch on my own copy (on Fedora 26, with GnuTLS 3.5.14) and it
PE> failed as noted at the end of this email.

That's a new error from the last one; we need to also drop the expected
number of MACs, removing this line:

-  (should (> (length gnutls-tests-internal-macs-upcased) 5))

>> I'm having a strange problem building Emacs as of this morning, so I
>> haven't been able to test the patch
PE> What problem is it? Some of the recent changes probably suggest a 'make
PE> bootstrap', so I'd try that first.

It's a renaming error. I posted on emacs-devel since it may be specific
to my setup. I'll try again later today or tomorrow. Thanks!

Ted