Subject: bug#27708: [PROPOSED] Simplify configuration of HAVE_GNUTLS3 etc.

From: Paul Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2017 13:31:33 -0700

On 08/03/2017 01:20 PM, Ted Zlatanov wrote:
> I was overzealous writing the tests; we
> can just test the `secure-hash-algorithms' that are in GnuTLS. Can we
> check the patch below against Hydra without pushing it to master yet?

I tried that patch on my own copy (on Fedora 26, with GnuTLS 3.5.14) and 
it failed as noted at the end of this email.

> I'm having a strange problem building Emacs as of this morning, so I
> haven't been able to test the patch
What problem is it? Some of the recent changes probably suggest a 'make 
bootstrap', so I'd try that first.

Here's the failure I got:

Running 7 tests (2017-08-03 13:24:54-0700)
Test test-gnutls-000-availability backtrace:
   signal(ert-test-failed (((should (> (length gnutls-tests-internal-ma
   ert-fail(((should (> (length gnutls-tests-internal-macs-upcased) 5))
   (if (unwind-protect (setq value-7 (apply fn-5 args-6)) (setq form-de
   (let (form-description-9) (if (unwind-protect (setq value-7 (apply f
   (let ((value-7 'ert-form-evaluation-aborted-8)) (let (form-descripti
   (let ((fn-5 (function >)) (args-6 (list (length gnutls-tests-interna
   (lambda nil (let ((fn-0 (function memq)) (args-1 (list 'gnutls3 (gnu
   ert--run-test-internal(#s(ert--test-execution-info :test #s(ert-test
   ert-run-test(#s(ert-test :name test-gnutls-000-availability :documen
   ert-run-or-rerun-test(#s(ert--stats :selector (not (tag :expensive-t
   ert-run-tests((not (tag :expensive-test)) #f(compiled-function (even
   ert-run-tests-batch((not (tag :expensive-test)))
   ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit((not (tag :expensive-test)))
   eval((ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit '(not (tag :expensive-test))))
   command-line-1(("-L" ":." "-l" "ert" "-l" "lisp/net/gnutls-tests.el"
   command-line()
   normal-top-level()
Test test-gnutls-000-availability condition:
     (ert-test-failed
      ((should
        (>
     (length gnutls-tests-internal-macs-upcased)
     5))
       :form
       (> 0 5)
       :value nil))
    FAILED  1/7  test-gnutls-000-availability