Subject: [PATCH 0/2] Introduce grub hybrid bootloader and use it.

From: Danny Milosavljevic <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2017 20:59:54 +0200

Ok, it turns out that grub-mkrescue can create a hybrid bootloader that works
with both EFI and non-EFI systems.

For that, the contents of lib/grub/i386-pc has to be available to
grub-mkrescue.  Then it will build a hybrid bootloader.

I've successfully tested it using:

$ qemu-system-x86_64 -bios $(guix build ovmf)/share/firmware/ovmf_x64.bin -m 1G -enable-kvm -cdrom ZZ -serial stdio
$ qemu-system-x86_64 -bios $(guix build ovmf)/share/firmware/ovmf_x64.bin -m 1G -enable-kvm -hda ZZ -serial stdio
$ qemu-system-x86_64 -m 1G -enable-kvm -cdrom ZZ -serial stdio
$ qemu-system-x86_64 -m 1G -enable-kvm -hda ZZ -serial stdio

and the patch from bug# 27690.

Danny Milosavljevic (2):
  bootloader: Add grub-hybrid-bootloader.
  install: Use grub-hybrid-bootloader.

 gnu/bootloader/grub.scm      |  7 +++++++
 gnu/packages/bootloaders.scm | 20 ++++++++++++++++++++
 gnu/system/install.scm       |  3 ++-
 3 files changed, 29 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)