Subject: Re: bug#27668: 26.0.50; Crash with display-line-numbers t

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2017 17:34:33 +0300

> From: Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>
> Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2017 15:42:28 +0200
> 
> I've had emacs crash on me twice today with the same backtrace. It
> appears to be related to setting display-line-numbers to t, although
> I'd been running the scratch/line-numbers branch for a while without
> any problems.
> 
> It *seems* to happen the second time I do 'C-x C-f' from a buffer that
> has display-line-numbers t, although I'm having a hard time coming up
> with a reliable reproduction method, nor have a got a recipe from
> 'emacs -Q' (yet).
> 
> I have an example trapped in gdb, let me know if you need more info.

Go to the call-stack frame #6, the one in compute_line_metrics, and
type

  (gdb) pgrowx it->glyph_row

Then post the results here.  (If it says "pgrowx" is an unknown
command, you need to "source .gdbinit" first.)

Thanks.