Subject: Re: bug#27668: 26.0.50; Crash with display-line-numbers t

From: Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2017 11:47:03 +0200

Robert Pluim <[email-masked]> writes:

> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>>> From: Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>
>>> (gdb) pgrowx it->glyph_row
>>> TEXT: 66 glyphs
>>>   0    0: CHAR[ ] pos=-1 blev=2,btyp=EN w=16 a+d=25+6 face=51 MB AVOID
>>>   1   16: CHAR[1] pos=-1 blev=2,btyp=EN w=16 a+d=25+6 face=51 MB AVOID
>>>   2   32: CHAR[2] pos=-1 blev=2,btyp=EN w=16 a+d=25+6 face=51 MB AVOID
>>>   3   48: CHAR[6] pos=-1 blev=2,btyp=EN w=16 a+d=25+6 face=51 MB AVOID
>>>   4   64: CHAR[1] pos=-1 blev=2,btyp=EN w=16 a+d=25+6 face=51 MB AVOID
>>>   5   80: CHAR[ ] pos=-1 blev=2,btyp=EN w=16 a+d=25+6 face=51 MB AVOID
>>>   6   96: CHAR[ ] pos=37180 blev=0,btyp=L w=16 a+d=25+6 MB
>>
>> Hmm...  I'm not sure how this happened, but I have a theory.  I've now
>> made a change in master based on that theory, and also added an
>> assertion where you previously had to set a breakpoint.  Please see if
>> the current master fixes the problem and doesn't hit the assertion in
>> maybe_produce_line_number.
>
> git describe  HEAD
> emacs-24.5-rc3-fixed-13053-g60d24e1681

All this TLS discussion has at least yielded something useful: a reproduction
recipe:

src/emacs -Q
; Put the following in *scratch*
(setq display-line-number t)
C-x C-e 
M-x eww https://revoked.badssl.com/
q
*boom*

Regards

Robert