Subject: bug#27668: 26.0.50; Crash with display-line-numbers t

From: Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2017 17:17:31 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> From: Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>
>> Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2017 16:47:57 +0200
>>  62  992: CHAR[m] pos=9608 blev=0,btyp=L w=16 a+d=25+6 face=28 MB
>>  63 1008: CHAR[ ] pos=9609 blev=0,btyp=L w=16 a+d=25+6 face=28 MB
>>  64 1024: CHAR[i] pos=9610 blev=0,btyp=L w=16 a+d=25+6 face=28 MB
>>  65 1040: CHAR[s] pos=9611 blev=0,btyp=L w=16 a+d=25+6 face=28 MB
>>  66 1056: CHAR[ ] pos=9612 blev=0,btyp=L w=16 a+d=25+6 face=28 MB
>>  67 1072: CHAR[a] pos=9613 blev=0,btyp=L w=16 a+d=25+6 face=28 MB
>>  68 1088: CHAR[ ] pos=0 blev=0,btyp=B w=16 a+d=25+6 face=28 MB
>>  69 1104: CHAR[s] pos=6237 blev=0,btyp=L w=16 a+d=25+6 MB
>>  70 1120: CHAR[ ] pos=0 blev=0,btyp=B w=16 a+d=25+6 MB
>>  71 1136:  str=0xc8676d[9683324] w=-15971 a+d=147+0 MB PAD N/A [ slice=49485,147,0,0
>>  72 -14835:  str=0xc8671b[9683580] w=-15715 a+d=147+0 MB PAD AVOID [ slice=49741,147,0,0
>>  74 -46113: CHAR[c] pos=9551 blev=0,btyp=L w=16 a+d=25+6 face=28 MB
>
> Does the text of this line give you enough hint to tell me what was on
> this line?  In particular, does it make sense that the line had 138
> glyphs?  Because it looks like everything after glyph 68 is garbage,
> although I don't yet have any idea how it ended up there.
>

Yes, as I said it's line 237 of lisp/net/gnutls.el, it's definitely
not 138 glyphs:

----begin----
certificate's host name.  The exact verification algorithm is a
---end---

> Can you reproduce the buffer/window that showed this text (in another
> session)?  Because if yes, I'd like some information from there.
>

Yes, although as I said I haven't found a reproduction yet, and it's
happened with other files as well (but only with display-line-numbers
t in the buffer displaying the file).

Regards

Robert