Subject: Re: bug#27647: 26.0.50; Line numbers implemented natively disappear momentarily when frame out of focus

From: Kaushal Modi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2017 12:40:35 +0000

On Wed, Jul 19, 2017 at 2:10 PM Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I thought about that, but I'm afraid it could cause an infinite series
> of unrelated hits, each time Kaushal switches between buffers.  It may
> make editing impractical.
>
> But if I'm mistaken, why not?
>

Hi Eli, Noam,

As you know from my other thread, I am unable to use gdb. As I don't know
enough C to hack it myself, can you provide pointers to where I can put
print statements or something like that in the C code directly to help with
this debug?

Another thing, debbugs seems to have stopped emailing the bug authors!

Emails sent to just this debbugs don't reach me, like this reply[1] or
this[2]. Can you guys please CC me on further replies?

@Jonas: Any luck creating a recipe for this?

@Eli: This problem is consistent, though not consistent enough to yet
create a recipe. But it does happen at least once a day. I am still
sticking on to native line numbers and not giving up. Can this be please
made a blocker for 26.1?

[1]: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=27647#38
[2]: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=27647#39
-- 

Kaushal Modi