Subject: Re: bug#27647: 26.0.50; Line numbers implemented natively disappear momentarily when frame out of focus

From: Kaushal Modi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2017 14:38:39 +0000

On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 10:31 AM Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:

> In that case, I suspect that some of your customizations somehow
> temporarily reset display-line-numbers to nil.  You could try to use
> Lisp watchpoints (see "Watching Variables" in the ELisp manual) for a
> single buffer where this happens, to find out which code does that.
>
> Alternatively, instrument your functions that reset
> display-line-numbers to log messages to some buffer with useful
> information, such as the Lisp backtrace, and when the problem happens,
> examine the log for clues.
>

I will set up the Lisp watchpoints and debug more, thanks.

I have one more data point. Apparently I do not need to "click" on the
emacs frame to make the line numbers reappear. They reappeared seemingly
randomly or just as I was just hovering the mouse over the emacs frame..
odd.  This happened just as I was preparing to record "line num
reappearance on click" effect, but the line numbers reappeared by
themselves even before I clicked.
-- 

Kaushal Modi