Subject: bug#27647: 26.0.50; Line numbers implemented natively disappear momentarily when frame out of focus

From: Kaushal Modi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2017 15:07:07 +0000

On Tue, Oct 17, 2017 at 10:48 AM Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:

>
> Actually, it looks like the numbers disappear when the mouse is on
> parts of the mode line devoid of any glyphs.

It happens actually when I move the mouse from one glyph to another. Now it
is not always repeatable to the point that this always happens if I move
the mouse from glyph X to glyph Y. But I can reproduce by doing this:
"frantically keep on moving the mouse across all the minor mode lighters
(which I have modified to be a single unicode char each)".

Kaushal, did you actually click on those empty parts, or just having the
> mouse hover
> over them causes the numbers to disappear.
>

No, just hover. In that GIF, you will see a small ripple appear around the
mouse pointer when I click.. you see that when I click anywhere in the
buffer to restore the line numbers.

> And does the problem go away if you disable GTK tooltips in favor of
> the native tooltips?
>

Yes! I believe the problem goes away if I set x-gtk-use-system-tooltips to
nil.
-- 

Kaushal Modi