Subject: bug#27646: Bug: Emacs Lisp Indentation

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2022 23:46:45 +0100

Alexander Shukaev <[email-masked]> writes:

> I use the following trick right now:
>
> (dolist (symbol '(;
>                   ignore-errors
>                   xxx
>                   yyy)))
>
> Since it's impossible to resolve that issue reliably and for all cases
> including backquote, I propose to introduce some special comment (aka
> ;###list) format to indicate that this is a list rather than code to
> be evaluated.  In different contexts the same code could be desired to
> be treated differently namely either as data or as to be evaluated.

(I'm going through old bug reports that unfortunately weren't resolved
at the time.)

This is bee fixed in recent Emacs version by introducing the following
convention:

(dolist (symbol '( ignore-errors
                   xxx
                   yyy)))

That is, a space after the opening parenthesis to signal that it's a
list and not code.

I'm therefore closing this bug report.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no