Subject: Re: bug#27646: Bug: Emacs Lisp Indentation

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2017 21:05:56 -0400

tags 27646 + unreproducible
quit

Alexander Shukaev <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi,
>
> With latest Emacs, I see the following indentation quirk with the
> Emacs Lisp list:
>
> (defconst init-font-lock-keywords
>   `(,@(let ((constant-pattern "\\(?:\\sw\\|\\s_\\)+")
>             (keywords         nil))
>         (dolist (symbol '(init-a
>                            init-b

That would certainly be a bug, but I can't reproduce this, when I run
indent-region or indent-sexp on that code I get the correct indentation:

(defconst init-font-lock-keywords
  `(,@(let ((constant-pattern "\\(?:\\sw\\|\\s_\\)+")
            (keywords         nil))
        (dolist (symbol '(init-a
                          init-b

In GNU Emacs 26.0.50 (build 60, x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw scroll bars)
 of 2017-07-10 built on zony
Repository revision: 689c5c20d1174e95be50e674d05632545eb4b9c5
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11901000
Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
You can run the command ‘emacs-lisp-mode’ with M-x e-li-mo RET
Mark set
Indenting region...done
Mark activated

Configured using:
 'configure --cache-file=../debug-config.cache 'CFLAGS=-O0 -g3
 -march=native' --enable-checking=yes,glyphs
 --enable-check-lisp-object-type MAKEINFO=makeinfo-4.13a
 --with-x-toolkit=lucid --with-toolkit-scroll-bars --with-gif=no
 --with-jpeg=no 'CFLAGS=-O2 -g3 -march=native'
 --cache-file=../opt-config.cache'

Configured features:
XPM TIFF PNG RSVG SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2
FREETYPE XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS LUCID X11 LIBSYSTEMD