Subject: bug#27645: MacOS: run GUI Emacs without 'make install'

From: "Charles A. Roelli" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2017 20:24:17 +0200

I've just realized that after 'make' on OS X you get this message:

You must run "make install" in order to test the built application.
The installed application will go to nextstep/Emacs.app and can be
run or moved from there.
The application will be fully self-contained.

I suggest to replace it with this:

Run "make" to build Emacs, then run "src/emacs" to test it.
To build a self-contained application bundle, run "make install".
The installed application will go to nextstep/Emacs.app and can be
run or moved from there.

Any thoughts?

On 23/07/2017 17:02, Charles A. Roelli wrote:
> Great!  Pushed as:
>
> http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/commit/?id=2c87aab57946b95d67b664259f30e64468d08544 
>
>
>
> On 20/07/2017 22:34, Alan Third wrote:
>> On Thu, Jul 20, 2017 at 08:58:06PM +0200, Charles A. Roelli wrote:
>>> I'll push this in a few days if there's no further changes to make.
>> Looks good to me. Thanks.
>