Subject: bug#27631: dired a/*/b

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2017 22:39:07 +0200

Tino Calancha <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Michael,

Hi Tino,

> thank you for your advice on this.  I have a new version which handle the
> expansion in `dired-insert-directory'.  I pushed a new branch with
> the newest patch:
> origin/feature/dired-wildcard-in-dir-bug#27631
>
> When the user is neither using 'ls-lisp' nor 'eshell-ls', then we run
> in the remote host something like:
> (process-file "/bin/sh" nil (current-buffer) nil "-c" (format "ls %s
> %s" switches wildcard)))
>
> I have tested it running tramp in a remote machine and it seems to work.
> What do you think?

I made a short test, works for remote directories. Likely, I'll add a
test to tramp-tests.el next days, in order to let it run for a variety
of other Tramp methods, like adb, gdrive and smb.

You might push it to master.

> Tino

Best regards, Michael.