Subject: bug#27630: 26.0.50; Byte-compilation warnings in files.el

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2017 20:41:38 +0300

Compiling files.el produces the following 2 warnings:

  In create-file-buffer:
  files.el:1816:8:Warning: function create-file-buffer used to take 0+
      arguments, now takes 1

  In insert-directory:
  files.el:6595:43:Warning: function insert-directory used to take 0+ arguments,
      now takes 2-4

These warnings are meant to be emitted when a function's signature
changes, but in this case there's no change, so this seems to be a
bug.  The only hint I found as to why this happens is that both
functions appear in advice-add (insert-directory appears in advice-add
only on MS-Windows).

In GNU Emacs 26.0.50 (build 780, i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2017-07-09 built on HOME-C4E4A596F7
Repository revision: c6e94f894bd965c2be47c5a4d79498b48e8b94e0
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/d/usr --enable-checking=yes,glyphs --with-wide-int
 --with-modules 'CFLAGS=-O0 -gdwarf-4 -g3''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS MODULES

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ENU
  locale-coding-system: cp1255

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message subr-x puny seq byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib dired dired-loaddefs
format-spec rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg
epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils time-date mule-util
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table term/w32-win w32-win w32-vars
term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote w32notify w32 multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 101517 10223)
 (symbols 56 21182 1)
 (miscs 48 42 103)
 (strings 16 31903 2054)
 (string-bytes 1 784505)
 (vectors 16 14706)
 (vector-slots 8 490506 11795)
 (floats 8 54 62)
 (intervals 40 271 105)
 (buffers 864 11))