Subject: bug#27627: 25.1; M VC RET doesn't give access to the VC manual

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2017 17:50:13 +0300

> Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2017 16:34:30 +0200
> From: Juliusz Chroboczek <[email-masked]>
> 
> >> This sends me to "vc-annotate", which is better but still not the expected
> >> result.
> 
> > I think you pressed RET instead of TAB.
> 
> Yes, I did.  TAB gives me a large list of completions, which reminds me to
> type « Version Control » instead.  It bites me every time.

There are a few items in the list that begin with "VC".

> Eli, is it possible to add a synonym to a menu entry in Info?

No.  In any case, the usual recommended way of looking up something in
an Info manual is by using Info-index ('i'), not by using menus.  So I
just added an index entry to the manual; now you can type "i VC RET"
(with "VC" in upper-case) and get yourself landed where you wanted.

If this is sufficient, we can close this bug report.