Subject: Possible bug when compiled with ssl

From: Jean Louis <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2017 17:17:21 +0300

Hello,

I have seen today that my coreutils was compiled with ssl support, and
that is fine for me.

However, what happens if libressl library is updated?

sort is then missing libressl from old versio, and configure cannot
run.

Also, sort is required by other ./configure scripts so suddenly
nothing can be ./configure-ed and make-ed as the script looks for
sort, and sort looks for older libressl which is updated to newer
version.

It further means, when sort and coreutils are compiled with libressl,
they cannot compile itself without libressl even I don't know the
background on how sort is using the ssl.

It maybe problem for development of chaintools with ssl.

Jean

configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating po/Makefile.in
config.status: creating gnulib-tests/Makefile
config.status: creating lib/config.h
config.status: executing depfiles commands
config.status: executing po-directories commands
config.status: creating po/POTFILES
config.status: creating po/Makefile
sort: error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.38: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
sort: error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.38: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory