Subject: bug#27611: closed (Re: Virtual machine documentation)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2019 00:36:02 +0000

Your bug report

#27611: Virtual machine documentation

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
27611: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=27611
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: Virtual machine documentation
From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2019 19:35:44 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Well, this report was too vague to be of much use. Closing :)

Subject: Virtual machine documentation
From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2017 14:40:48 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

The documentation about using GuixSD in a virtual machine has grown
organically in response to user questions and complaints, and I think
it's become sort of confusing for beginners.

All the relevant information is in the manual, and it's easy for
experienced Guix users to find what they need.

However, it's not clear to a beginner which section is relevant to their
needs, and how they are related. Also, there are some subtly misleading
instructions.

I'll restructure and rewrite these sections in the next few days and
solicit feedback here. Please reply if you have any specific advice or
complaints.