Subject: bug#27605: Lightweight desktop example fails to build with kernel panic

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2017 14:23:05 +0200

Hi Leo,

Leo Famulari <[email-masked]> skribis:

> [...]
> registering closures...
> populating...
> creating FAT partition...
> mkfs.fat 4.1 (2017-01-24)
> mounting root partition...
> [  688.377705] EXT4-fs (vda1): mounted filesystem with ordered data mode. Opts: (null)
> installing bootloader...
> /gnu/store/0g5bgkc757xmafxs2prjj896qpzj9wan-grub-efi-2.02/sbin/grub-install: error: /gnu/store/0g5bgkc757xmafxs2prjj896qpzj9wan-grub-efi-2.02/lib/grub/i386-pc/modinfo.sh doesn't exist. Please specify --target or --directory.
> ERROR: In procedure scm-error:
> ERROR: failed to install GRUB

Did you pass --image-size?  If not, it could be that the image size
estimate is slightly too small (see commit
a8ac4f081a9a679498ea42ccfe001f218bba3043).

The build log should contain something like:

  creating ~a image of ~,2f MiB...

where ~a is “raw” or “qcow2” depending on the “guix system” command you
used.

Could you check what happens if you pass a --image-size argument bigger
than that?

Thanks,
Ludo’.