Subject: Re: bug#27602: 11.89; non-character input; Aquamacs blocked

From: Mosè Giordano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2017 22:39:29 +0200

Hi Albert,

2017-07-06 22:19 GMT+02:00 Albert Fisher <[email-masked]>:
> This bug has occured before periodically. When I am editing my file, it
> blocks and I need to type "p" for permission for every keystroke, which of
> course is extremely annoying and also leads to errors. I then change from
> "Master File" to "Buffer" , and sometimes it works again. If not, I kill
> Aquamacs and Skim and usually it works properly upon restart.
> If not, I restart the laptop and pray. Just now, I let the computer fall
> asleep and was greeted by this error when I returned, and killing Aquamacs
> and Skim didn't help so I guess I'll restart.

Sorry, I don't understand what happens here, maybe because I don't use
Aquamacs but plain Emacs.  While editing a *TeX file Aquamacs freezes
without apparent reason?  Why do you have to press "p" for
permissions?  What you mean by «I then change from "Master File" to
"Buffer"»?  What's that you change?

I can't think of any known issue in AUCTeX that can lead to freezing
Emacs.  It would be great if you could find a common operation that
you perform whenever Aquamacs freezes.

Bye,
Mosè