Subject: 11.89; non-character input; Aquamacs blocked

From: Albert Fisher <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2017 17:19:12 -0300

Remember to cover the basics.  Including a minimal LaTeX example
file exhibiting the problem might help.

Emacs  : Aquamacs 3.3  GNU Emacs 25.1.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin14.1.0, NS
appkit-1344.72 Version 10.10.2 (Build 14C109))
of 2016-09-20 on 24a02dbf6b34ae061ef4df89f15bfbc5d3ed497e
Package: 11.89

This bug has occured before periodically. When I am editing my file, it
blocks and I need to type "p" for permission for every keystroke, which of
course is extremely annoying and also leads to errors. I then change from
"Master File" to "Buffer" , and sometimes it works again. If not, I kill
Aquamacs and Skim and usually it works properly upon restart.
If not, I restart the laptop and pray. Just now, I let the computer fall
asleep and was greeted by this error when I returned, and killing Aquamacs
and Skim didn't help so I guess I'll restart.

I reported this a few weeks ago and Daid Reitter looked into it but I
haven't heard back recently.

Thanks for your help!

This didn't happen in older versions of Aquamacs....

Run buffer contents:

Running `LaTeX' on `adic3_20170601a' with ``pdflatex -synctex=1
-file-line-error  --synctex=1 -interaction=nonstopmode "\input"
adic3_20170601a.tex''
This is pdfTeX, Version 3.1415926-2.3-1.40.12 (TeX Live 2011)
restricted \write18 enabled.
entering extended mode
LaTeX2e <2009/09/24>
Babel <v3.8l> and hyphenation patterns for english, dumylang,
nohyphenation, german-x-2009-06-19, ngerman-x-2009-06-19, afrikaans,
ancientgreek, ibycus, arabic, armenian, basque, bulgarian, catalan, pinyin,
coptic, croatian, czech, danish, dutch, ukenglish, usenglishmax, esperanto,
estonian, ethiopic, farsi, finnish, french, galician, german, ngerman,
swissgerman, monogreek, greek, hungarian, icelandic, assamese, bengali,
gujarati, hindi, kannada, malayalam, marathi, oriya, panjabi, tamil,
telugu, indonesian, interlingua, irish, italian, kurmanji, lao, latin,
latvian, lithuanian, mongolian, mongolianlmc, bokmal, nynorsk, polish,
portuguese, romanian, russian, sanskrit, serbian, serbianc, slovak,
slovenian, spanish, swedish, turkish, turkmen, ukrainian, uppersorbian,
welsh, loaded.
(./adic3_20170601a.tex
(/usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf-dist/tex/latex/amscls/amsart.cls
Document Class: amsart 2009/07/02 v2.20.1
(/usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf-dist/tex/latex/amsmath/amsmath.sty
For additional information on amsmath, use the `?' option.
(/usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf-dist/tex/latex/amsmath/amstext.sty
(/usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf-dist/tex/latex/amsmath/amsgen.sty))
(/usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf-dist/tex/latex/amsmath/amsbsy.sty)
(/usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf-dist/tex/latex/amsmath/amsopn.sty))
(/usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf-dist/tex/latex/amsfonts/umsa.fd)
(/usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf-dist/tex/latex/amsfonts/amsfonts.sty))
(/usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf-dist/tex/latex/amsfonts/amssymb.sty)
(/usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf-dist/tex/latex/amsmath/amscd.sty)
(/usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf-dist/tex/generic/epsf/epsf.sty
This is `epsf.tex' v2.7.4 <14 February 2011>
) (/usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf-dist/tex/latex/bezos/accents.sty)
(/usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf-dist/tex/latex/graphics/graphicx.sty
(/usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf-dist/tex/latex/graphics/keyval.sty)
(/usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf-dist/tex/latex/graphics/graphics.sty
(/usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf-dist/tex/latex/graphics/trig.sty)
(/usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf-dist/tex/latex/latexconfig/graphics.cfg)
(/usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf-dist/tex/latex/pdftex-def/pdftex.def
(/usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf-dist/tex/generic/obe...

[...]

...type1/public/amsfonts/cm/cmbx8.pfb></usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf-dist/fonts/type1/public/amsfonts/cm/cmcsc10.pfb></usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf-dist/fonts/type1/public/amsfonts/cm/cmex10.pfb></usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf-
dist/fonts/type1/public/amsfonts/cmextra/cmex7.pfb></usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf-dist/fonts/type1/public/amsfonts/cmextra/cmex8.pfb></usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf-dist/fonts/type1/public/amsfonts/cm/cmmi10.pfb></usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf-dist/fonts/type1/public/amsfonts/cm/cmmi12.pfb></usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf-dist/fonts/type1/public/amsfonts/cm/cmmi6.pfb></usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf-dist/fonts/type1/public/amsfonts/cm/cmmi8.pfb></usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf-dist/fonts/type1/public/amsfonts/cm/cmr10.pfb></usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf-dist/fonts/type1/public/amsfonts/cm/cmr12.pfb></usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf-dist/fonts/type1/public/amsfonts/cm/cmr6.pfb></usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf-dist/fonts/type1/public/amsfonts/cm/cmr7.pfb></usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf-dist/fonts/type1/public/amsfonts/cm/cmr8.pfb></usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf-dist/fonts/ty
pe1/public/amsfonts/cm/cmr9.pfb></usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf-dist/fonts/type1/public/amsfonts/cm/cmsy10.pfb></usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf-dist/fonts/type1/public/amsfonts/cm/cmsy6.pfb></usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf-dist/fonts/type1/public/amsfonts/cm/cmsy7.pfb></usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf-dist/fonts/type1/public/amsfonts/cm/cmsy8.pfb></usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf-dist/fonts/type1/public/amsfonts/cm/cmti10.pfb></usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf-dist/fonts/type1/public/amsfonts/cm/cmti12.pfb></usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf-dist/fonts/type1/public/amsfonts/cm/cmti8.pfb></usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf-dist/fonts/type1/public/amsfonts/cm/cmtt10.pfb></usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf-dist/fonts/type1/public/amsfonts/euler/eufm10.pfb></usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf-dist/fonts/type1/public/amsfonts/symbols/msam10.pfb></usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf-dist/fonts/type1/publi
c/amsfonts/symbols/msbm10.pfb></usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf-dist/fonts/type1/urw/times/utmr8a.pfb></usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf-dist/fonts/type1/urw/times/utmri8a.pfb></usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf-dist/fonts/type1/public/xypic/xyatip10.pfb></usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf-dist/fonts/type1/public/xypic/xybtip10.pfb>
Output written on adic3_20170601a.pdf (80 pages, 974277 bytes).
SyncTeX written on adic3_20170601a.synctex.gz.
Transcript written on adic3_20170601a.log.

TeX Output exited abnormally with code 1 at Thu Jul  6 17:07:13

current state:
==============
(setq
AUCTeX-version "11.89"
LaTeX-command-style '((""
            "%(PDF)%(latex) %(file-line-error) %(extraopts) %S%(PDFout)")
               )
image-types '(png gif tiff jpeg xpm xbm pbm)
preview-image-type 'png
preview-image-creators '((dvipng
               (open preview-gs-open preview-dvipng-process-setup)
               (place preview-gs-place)
               (close preview-dvipng-close))
              (png (open preview-gs-open) (place preview-gs-place)
               (close preview-gs-close))
              (jpeg (open preview-gs-open)
               (place preview-gs-place) (close preview-gs-close))
              (pnm (open preview-gs-open) (place preview-gs-place)
               (close preview-gs-close))
              (tiff (open preview-gs-open)
               (place preview-gs-place) (close preview-gs-close))
              )
preview-dvipng-image-type 'png
preview-dvipng-command "dvipng -picky -noghostscript %d -o
\"%m/prev%%03d.png\""
preview-pdf2dsc-command "pdf2dsc %s.pdf %m/preview.dsc"
preview-gs-command "/usr/texbin/rungs"
preview-gs-options '("-q" "-dDELAYSAFER" "-dNOPAUSE" "-DNOPLATFONTS"
              "-dPrinted" "-dTextAlphaBits=4" "-dGraphicsAlphaBits=4")
preview-gs-image-type-alist '((png png "-sDEVICE=png16m")
                   (dvipng png "-sDEVICE=png16m")
                   (jpeg jpeg "-sDEVICE=jpeg")
                   (pnm pbm "-sDEVICE=pnmraw")
                   (tiff tiff "-sDEVICE=tiff12nc"))
preview-fast-conversion t
preview-prefer-TeX-bb nil
preview-dvips-command "dvips -Pwww -i -E %d -o %m/preview.000"
preview-fast-dvips-command "dvips -Pwww %d -o %m/preview.ps"
preview-scale-function 'preview-scale-from-face
preview-LaTeX-command '("%`%l
\"\\nonstopmode\\nofiles\\PassOptionsToPackage{"
             ("," . preview-required-option-list)
             "}{preview}\\AtBeginDocument{\\ifx\\ifPreview\\undefined"
preview-default-preamble "\\fi}\"%' %t")
preview-required-option-list '("active" "tightpage" "auctex"
                (preview-preserve-counters "counters"))
preview-preserve-counters nil
preview-default-option-list '("displaymath" "floats" "graphics" "textmath"
                   "sections" "footnotes")
preview-default-preamble '("\\RequirePackage["
                ("," . preview-default-option-list)
                "]{preview}[2004/11/05]")
preview-LaTeX-command-replacements nil
preview-dump-replacements '(preview-LaTeX-command-replacements
                 ("\\`\\([^ ]+\\)\\(\\( +-\\([^
\\\\\"]\\|\\\\\\.\\|\"[^\"]*\"\\)*\\)*\\)\\(.*\\)\\'" "\\1 -ini
-interaction=nonstopmode \"&\\1\" " preview-format-name ".ini \\5")
                 )
preview-undump-replacements '(("\\`\\([^ ]+\\) .*? \"\\\\input\"
\\(.*\\)\\'"
                "\\1 -interaction=nonstopmode \"&"
                preview-format-name "\" \\2")
                   )
preview-auto-cache-preamble t
preview-TeX-style-dir nil
)

Output from running `/usr/texbin/rungs -h':
GPL Ghostscript 9.02 (2011-03-30)
Copyright (C) 2010 Artifex Software, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Usage: gs [switches] [file1.ps file2.ps ...]
Most frequently used switches: (you can use # in place of =)
-dNOPAUSE           no pause after page   | -q       `quiet', fewer messages
-g<width>x<height>  page size in pixels   | -r<res>  pixels/inch resolution
-sDEVICE=<devname>  select device         | -dBATCH  exit after last file
-sOutputFile=<file> select output file: - for stdout, |command for pipe,
                                         embed %d or %ld for page #
Input formats: PostScript PostScriptLevel1 PostScriptLevel2
PostScriptLevel3 PDF
Default output device: x11
Available devices:
   alc1900 alc2000 alc4000 alc4100 alc8500 alc8600 alc9100 ap3250 appledmp
   atx23 atx24 atx38 bbox bit bitcmyk bitrgb bitrgbtags bj10e bj10v bj10vh
   bj200 bjc600 bjc800 bjc880j bjccmyk bjccolor bjcgray bjcmono bmp16 bmp16m
   bmp256 bmp32b bmpgray bmpmono bmpsep1 bmpsep8 ccr cdeskjet cdj1600 cdj500
   cdj550 cdj670 cdj850 cdj880 cdj890 cdj970 cdjcolor cdjmono cdnj500 cfax
   cgm24 cgm8 cgmmono chp2200 cif cljet5 cljet5c cljet5pr coslw2p coslwxl
   cp50 cups declj250 deskjet devicen dfaxhigh dfaxlow dj505j djet500
   djet500c dl2100 dnj650c epl2050 epl2050p epl2120 epl2500 epl2750 epl5800
   epl5900 epl6100 epl6200 eplcolor eplmono eps9high eps9mid epson epsonc
   epswrite escp escpage faxg3 faxg32d faxg4 fmlbp fmpr fs600 gdi hl1240
   hl1250 hl7x0 hpdj1120c hpdj310 hpdj320 hpdj340 hpdj400 hpdj500 hpdj500c
   hpdj510 hpdj520 hpdj540 hpdj550c hpdj560c hpdj600 hpdj660c hpdj670c
   hpdj680c hpdj690c hpdj850c hpdj855c hpdj870c hpdj890c hpdjplus
   hpdjportable ibmpro ijs imagen imdi inferno iwhi iwlo iwlq jetp3852 jj100
   jpeg jpegcmyk jpeggray la50 la70 la75 la75plus laserjet lbp310 lbp320
   lbp8 lex2050 lex3200 lex5700 lex7000 lips2p lips3 lips4 lips4v lj250
   lj3100sw lj4dith lj4dithp lj5gray lj5mono ljet2p ljet3 ljet3d ljet4
   ljet4d ljet4pjl ljetplus ln03 lp1800 lp1900 lp2000 lp2200 lp2400 lp2500
   lp2563 lp3000c lp7500 lp7700 lp7900 lp8000 lp8000c lp8100 lp8200c lp8300c
   lp8300f lp8400f lp8500c lp8600 lp8600f lp8700 lp8800c lp8900 lp9000b
   lp9000c lp9100 lp9200b lp9200c lp9300 lp9400 lp9500c lp9600 lp9600s
   lp9800c lps4500 lps6500 lq850 lx5000 lxm3200 lxm5700m m8510 mag16 mag256
   md1xMono md2k md50Eco md50Mono md5k mgr4 mgr8 mgrgray2 mgrgray4 mgrgray8
   mgrmono miff24 mj500c mj6000c mj700v2c mj8000c ml600 necp6 npdl nullpage
   oce9050 oki182 oki4w okiibm oprp opvp paintjet pam pbm pbmraw pcl3 pcx16
   pcx24b pcx256 pcx2up pcxcmyk pcxgray pcxmono pdfwrite pgm pgmraw pgnm
   pgnmraw photoex picty180 pj pjetxl pjxl pjxl300 pkm pkmraw pksm pksmraw
   plan9bm png16 png16m png256 png48 pngalpha pnggray pngmono pnm pnmraw ppm
   ppmraw pr1000 pr1000_4 pr150 pr201 ps2write psdcmyk psdrgb psgray psmono
   psrgb pswrite pxlcolor pxlmono r4081 rinkj rpdl samsunggdi sgirgb sj48
   spotcmyk st800 stcolor sunhmono t4693d2 t4693d4 t4693d8 tek4696 tiff12nc
   tiff24nc tiff32nc tiff48nc tiff64nc tiffcrle tiffg3 tiffg32d tiffg4
   tiffgray tifflzw tiffpack tiffscaled tiffsep tiffsep1 uniprint wtscmyk
   wtsimdi x11 x11alpha x11cmyk x11cmyk2 x11cmyk4 x11cmyk8 x11gray2 x11gray4
   x11mono x11rg16x x11rg32x xcf xes
Search path:
   %rom%Resource/Init/ : %rom%lib/ :
   /usr/local/share/ghostscript/9.02/Resource/Init :

/usr/local/share/ghostscript/9.02/lib :
   /usr/local/share/ghostscript/9.02/Resource/Font :
   /usr/local/share/ghostscript/fonts :
   /usr/local/share/fonts/default/ghostscript :
   /usr/local/share/fonts/default/Type1 :
   /usr/local/share/fonts/default/TrueType : /usr/lib/DPS/outline/base :
   /usr/openwin/lib/X11/fonts/Type1 : /usr/openwin/lib/X11/fonts/TrueType :
   /usr/share/cups/fonts
Initialization files are compiled into the executable.
For more information, see /usr/local/share/ghostscript/9.02/doc/Use.htm.
Please report bugs to bugs.ghostscript.com.