Subject: bug#2756: be with the Heir-to-Empire ere she left at sunset

From: Sermeno <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2009 16:03:05 +0200

Settled into a scowl. But Head-nurse could hardly contain her joy, even
when Foster-father shook his wise old head and said he would not have
had it happen for all the wealth of the world, for of late, if he were
not much mistaken, things had been shaping ill for his young master, and
that very morning a secret messenger had come in from Kabul. What it
might portend who could say; but it was bad fortune the child should
lose favour at Court to such slight purpose. "Slight, indeed!" sniffed
Head-nurse. "Is it not something to have shown that woman that her brat
cannot stand up before true Kingship?" "I would it were so, woman,"
replied Foster-father, "but a child under three with but two old men and
two boys for protection cannot show much fight." Head-nurse tossed her
head. "So we women are not to count--" she began; but Baby Akbar had
been listening seriously and now put in with his deep childish voice,
and a wise little shake of the head: "And there's Tumbu and Down, too;
they can bite and scratch beautifully for me when they like." Whereupon
Foster-mother caught him up, and wept, and swore that Heaven must and
would protect such a heart's darling. Perhaps it was this conversation
which put the idea of getting help into the children's heads, but after
a time it was evident they had some plan between them, for after
watching the women light hundreds of little lamps, and set out a
quantity of tiny platters full of sweets, they stole off by themselves
to an empty room which was almost dark and began to whisper. "I think it
had better be grand-dad," said the Heir-to-Empire gravely, "'cos my
father isn't dead yet, and they must be deaders, you know, if they