Subject: Re: [PATCH] gnu: Add python-ruamel.yaml

From: Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2017 21:47:47 +0200

Muriithi Frederick Muriuki <[email-masked]> writes:

> * gnu/packages/python.scm (python-ruamel.yaml, python2-ruamel.yaml) New
> * variables.

Ugh, I'm afraid I have to bother you one more time on this one!

First, we're trying to reduce the amount of packages in python.scm. So I
think we should add it to "serialization.scm" instead, sorry for missing
that the first time around.

> +         (replace 'check
> +           (lambda* _
> +             (zero? (system* "bash" "-c" "py.test" "_test/test_*.py")))))))

This prints "collected 0 items...", which indicates it doesn't actually
run any tests. Looking closer, it seems tests are missing altogether
from the PyPi archive. Could you try downloading the tarball straight
from BitBucket instead?

> +    (home-page "https://bitbucket.org/ruamel/yaml")
> +    (synopsis "This is a YAML 1.2 parser/emitter")

s/This is a //

Again, sorry for the slow and incomplete feedback. I can try to do this
last improvement over the weekend if you're already tired of this patch.

Thanks for your contribution and patience! :-)