Subject: Re: bug#27556: libpng has wrong hash. [Fwd: Re: why has the hash for libpng-apng 1.6.28 changed?]

From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2017 10:34:20 -0400

On Sun, Jul 30, 2017 at 09:37:22AM +0000, ng0 wrote:
> Efraim Flashner transcribed 4.1K bytes:
> > On Wed, Jul 26, 2017 at 06:56:51AM +0000, ng0 wrote:
> > > My really strong guess is that we never updated the hash for
> > > libpng-apng when the libpng was updated fron which libpng-apng
> > > inherits its version.

[...]

> > git blame shows that back in February I updated libpng to 1.6.28 from
> > 1.6.25, but that the last time libpng-apng was touched was by ng0 back
> > in January.
> > 
> > commit: 864738baaa7bb75c08647ccfc684736479e67f7f

Aha, that must be it!

> Okay, so I will send the update for libpng-apng (which due to its
> inheritance of libpng is just the hash) and I will also add a second
> commit which adds a comment above libpng that we must update libpng-apng
> when we update libpng, if that's already possible (libpng-apng might not
> immediately be up to date, but we don't update libpng immediately aswell
> due to it being a core-updates candidate).

I think we should give libpng-apng its own version because, as you said,
libpng-apng may not be developed at the same pace as libpng. This way,
we won't end up with a broken libpng-apng again.