Subject: Re: [bug#27550] [PATCH 0/2] cuirass: Prepare (guix git) integration.

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2017 14:07:00 +0200

Hi Mathieu,

Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Here are two patches to remove useless/duplicated stuff from cuirass
> and prepare (guix git) integration.

Woohoo, glad to see progress on this front!

> Mathieu Othacehe (2):
>   repo: remove git-repo.
>   utils: Remove useless procedures.

FWIW, I prefer to bake patches in such a way that the repo is always
usable at any given commit; doing that allows for bug hunting for ‘git
bisect’, among other things.  If we applied these patches, we’d be left
with a dysfunctional Cuirass, IIUC.

What about instead coming up with a single patch that replaces
‘git-repo’ with its Guile-Git counterpart?  The removal of unused
procedures can come separately, or along with this patch.

Thanks,
Ludo’.