Subject: Re: [bug#27546] [PATCH] Add wine stable release

From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2017 07:42:12 -0400

On Sat, Jul 01, 2017 at 09:41:37PM +0200, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
> > Since we don't typically package development releases, how about
> > removing 2.11 and replacing it with 2.0.1?
> 
> Thank you for the review.
> 
> I do not mind, for all I need is the stable release. However, I'm not
> the one who packaged wine in the first place. Maybe its author has
> a different use case.

I see.

> Anyway, the patch implements the less invasive solution. We can also
> apply it for now and settle on the next stable release, whenever it
> happens. Note that we have other packages in the same situation (e.g.,
> lilypond).

IIUC, I think that's a good idea. We'll keep both versions of Wine until
the development releases reach "stable" status, then we'll drop the
development version.

Can you add a code comment that reminds us of this plan? :)