Subject: Re: [bug#27546] [PATCH] Add wine stable release

From: Nicolas Goaziou <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 Jul 2017 21:41:37 +0200

Hello,

Leo Famulari <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Sat, Jul 01, 2017 at 01:53:26PM +0200, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
>> Hello,
>> 
>> Not so long ago, I realized, painfully, we were distributing development
>> version of wine (currently 2.11), but not the stable one (currently
>> 2.0.1).
>> 
>> The following patch attempts to provide the missing release. Ideally,
>> I think this variable should be named "wine" and the other "wine-dev" or
>> some such. However, so as to limit fuss, this patches leaves "wine"
>> as-is, and introduce "wine-2.0.1" instead.
>
> Since we don't typically package development releases, how about
> removing 2.11 and replacing it with 2.0.1?

Thank you for the review.

I do not mind, for all I need is the stable release. However, I'm not
the one who packaged wine in the first place. Maybe its author has
a different use case.

Anyway, the patch implements the less invasive solution. We can also
apply it for now and settle on the next stable release, whenever it
happens. Note that we have other packages in the same situation (e.g.,
lilypond).

Regards,

-- 
Nicolas Goaziou                                                0x80A93738