Subject: Re: bug#2753: 23.0.91; Hang with psvn.el

From: David Abrahams <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 12:05:23 -0400

on Mon Mar 23 2009, Stefan Monnier <monnier-AT-IRO.UMontreal.CA> wrote:

>> I have a subversion working copy that, when visited with `M-x
>> svn-status', if I do `U', Emacs hangs.  `ps waux | grep svn' in the
>> shell shows that no subversion process is running.
>
> By "hang" do you mean that you have to kill it, or does C-g bring it
> back to life?

Have to kill it.

> If C-g brings it back to life, then please enable "Options => Enter
> Debugger on Quit/C-g", reproduce then problem and show us the backtrace
> you (hopefully) get when you then hit C-g.
>
> If it doesn't, then please run your Emacs under GDB (starting in the
> emacs/src directory) and when Emacs hangs, do C-z to get back into the
> debugger and type "xbacktrace" (as well as "bt") to show us the
> Lisp stack.

I'll remember that for next time; apparently Stefan Reichör's February
fix to psvn fixed my problem.

Thanks for your response.

-- 
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing
http://www.boostpro.com