Subject: 25.2; GTK3 scrollbar position does not respect scaling factor on HiDPI setting

From: Johannes Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2017 19:18:49 +0200

Please note that current configuration is built without toolkit scrollbars
since Emacs is unusable with them for me.

The toolkit scrollbars appear at 2 times the x-position they should with
gtk scaling factor=2 but at correct position with scaling factor=1, it is
apparent that it is not taken into account properly when calculating the
position.

Thanks!

In GNU Emacs 25.2.1 (amd64-portbld-freebsd12.0, GTK+ Version 3.22.15)
 of 2017-06-27 built on jd
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11804000
Configured using:
 'configure --localstatedir=/var --with-gameuser=games:games
 --enable-acl --without-canna --with-dbus --with-gnutls --with-modules
 --with-x --with-xml2 --with-file-notification=kqueue --with-sound=oss
 --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --without-cairo --with-gif --with-jpeg
 --with-imagemagick --with-png --with-rsvg --with-tiff --with-xpm
 --with-gconf --with-gsettings --with-m17n-flt --with-libotf
 --without-toolkit-scroll-bars --with-xft --with-xim --without-xwidgets
 --x-libraries=/usr/local/lib --x-includes=/usr/local/include
 --prefix=/usr/local --mandir=/usr/local/man --disable-silent-rules
 --infodir=/usr/local/share/emacs/info/
 --build=amd64-portbld-freebsd12.0 'CFLAGS=-O2 -pipe -fstack-protector
 -fno-strict-aliasing' CPPFLAGS= 'LDFLAGS= -fstack-protector''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS NOTIFY
ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB GTK3 X11 MODULES

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_CTYPE: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: C/l

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  global-flycheck-mode: t
  flycheck-mode: t
  autopair-global-mode: t
  autopair-mode: t
  e2wm:pst-minor-mode: t
  cscope-minor-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Recent messages:
E2wm is started.
File mode specification error: (void-function column-enforce-mode)
File TAGS is large (217M), really open? (y or n) y
Mark set
Starting a new list of tags tables
Making tags-file-name local to TAGS while let-bound!
Mark set [3 times]
user-error: Minibuffer is inactive
Mark set
Undo!
user-error: No further undo information [3 times]

Load-path shadows:
/home/johannes/.emacs.d/elpa/seq-2.19/seq hides
/usr/local/share/emacs/25.2/lisp/emacs-lisp/seq

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message idna dired format-spec rfc822
mml mml-sec password-cache epg gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr mail-utils vc-git
diff-mode cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align
cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs flycheck-rust company-oddmuse company-keywords
company-etags etags xref project eieio eieio-core company-gtags
company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files company-capf
company-cmake company-xcode company-clang company-semantic company-eclim
company-template company-css company-nxml company-bbdb company flycheck
json map find-func rx subr-x autopair multiple-cursors
mc-hide-unmatched-lines-mode mc-separate-operations
rectangular-region-mode mc-mark-pop mc-mark-more mc-cycle-cursors
mc-edit-lines multiple-cursors-core rect solarized-dark-theme solarized
color dash e2wm derived easy-mmode window-layout cl-macs imenu cl
smooth-scrolling xcscope projectile cl-seq advice grep compile comint
ansi-color ring ibuf-ext ibuffer thingatpt windmove finder-inf info
package epg-config seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra
help-mode easymenu cconv edmacro kmacro redo+ autorevert filenotify
cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib hl-line paren time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
dbusbind kqueue dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 277158 17357)
 (symbols 48 32617 0)
 (miscs 40 215 359)
 (strings 32 52370 7057)
 (string-bytes 1 1681900)
 (vectors 16 27014)
 (vector-slots 8 582567 4683)
 (floats 8 592 254)
 (intervals 56 2985 341)
 (buffers 976 27))