Subject: bug#27503: 26.0.50; Not lining up Javascript arguments

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2017 05:11:30 +0300

On 7/1/17 2:23 PM, Ingo Lohmar wrote:

> I hope I understood the manual/indent idea correctly.  Below is the
> updated patch including a test file.

Looks good, thanks.

> I changed the variable name to `js-indent-cont-nonempty-aligned' now
> (with "flipped" boolean meaning, as discussed before).  This is more
> succinct and starts with `js-indent-...' to convey the feature area to
> which this setting belongs.

OK, it seems better. Still requires effort to decipher the meaning, 
though. I don't have any better suggestions, so might as well commit 
this name.

> What's the procedure for patches arising from a bug report --- should I
> add a NEWS entry (for 26.1, marked +++) and just commit this to master
> myself?

When a reviewer says "Looks good, please install", or you're feeling 
confident yourself, yes. On that note, LGTM, please install. :)

A NEWS entry for the new variable is a good idea. But "+++" means "all 
necessary documentation updates are complete". "---", meaning "no change 
in the manuals is needed", seems more appropriate.