Subject: bug#27491: Indentation issue in emacs

From: Alex Kost <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2017 21:27:07 +0300

Arun Isaac (2017-06-26 02:35 +0530) wrote:

> I'm not entirely sure this is the right place to report this
> bug. If I should report this bug elsewhere, please direct me.
>
> When I indent the `emacs-which-key' package definition in
> gnu/packages/emacs.scm using `indent-region', the description gets
> indented wrongly. The "(or as many as space allows given your settings)"
> part of the description string gets indented as though it were an
> S-expression.

Here is the description of 'emacs-which-key' package.

    (description "@code{emacs-which-key} is a minor mode for Emacs that
displays the key bindings following your currently entered incomplete command
(a prefix) in a popup.  For example, after enabling the minor mode if you
enter C-x and wait for the default of 1 second, the minibuffer will expand
with all of the available key bindings that follow C-x (or as many as space
allows given your settings).")

What you describe happens because of this line:

(a prefix) in a popup.  For example, after enabling the minor mode if you

As you see, it starts with "(" and Emacs doesn't like such things.
Commit 7c125ce02¹ fixed such descriptions 2 years ago.  Perhaps it's
time to repeat this commit :-)

¹ http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/commit/?id=7c125ce02384cff462a3ed84ac77153921e1c2a5

-- 
Alex