Subject: Re: bug#27491: Indentation issue in emacs

From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2017 21:13:50 +0200

Alex Kost <[email-masked]> writes:

> Arun Isaac (2017-06-27 11:44 +0530) wrote:
>
>> Ok, fixed! :-)
>>
>> https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/commit/?id=2482c02f3b23b2490a6647e0717cf8a4ccf3f6a8
>>
>> However, I think this is a hack, and the better solution would be to
>> actually fix the underlying indentation issue. But, I am too lazy to
>> find out how. :-P
>
> I'm not sure what you mean by a "fix".  This is an Emacs issue, and it
> was there since... I don't know, always.  Moreover, I don't think it's a
> bug; it's just how Emacs finds a beginning of the top-level sexp – it
> "sees" a leading parenthesis on a line and it considers it to be a
> beginning of the sexp.

I consider this a bug.  Surely Emacs could do better here — especially
since this is a lisp mode!

@Arun, would you like to report this as a bug to the Emacs developers?

I’m closing this bug, because it’s not a problem with Guix.

--
Ricardo

GPG: BCA6 89B6 3655 3801 C3C6  2150 197A 5888 235F ACAC
https://elephly.net