Subject: bug#27489: glibc fails to build on i686

From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2017 22:52:57 -0400

On Wed, Jun 28, 2017 at 09:57:39PM -0300, Adonay Felipe Nogueira wrote:
> Here is my situation:
> 
> - I'm using Guix in a foreign distribution (Trisquel 7).
> 
> - In 2017-06-12, I pulled and upgraded Guix and packages successfully as
>   root.
> 
> - Last weekend I did (all as root): `guix gc` (successful), `guix pull`
>   (successful), `guix package -u guix` (not successful, because of this
>   bug).

I'm sorry you experienced this bug. We didn't test the change to glibc
on i686-linux so we didn't notice this problem until after we pushed it.

> - Some time has passed, and the core-updates branch now seems to have a
>   fix for this bug.

As announced earlier in this bug discussion, the bug was fixed on the
master branch with commit ffc015bea26f24d862e7e877d907fbe1ab9a9967.

https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/commit/?id=ffc015bea26f24d862e7e877d907fbe1ab9a9967

> - Yesterday (or was it the day before it?), I did (all as root): `guix
>   gc` (successful), `guix pull` (not successfull, because of this bug),
>   `guix gc`, `guix pull
>   --url="https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/snapshot/guix-ed068b960eeedb92823238783779730319b8ba0e.tar.gz"`
>   (not successful, because of this bug). Notice that in the last pull I
>   used the snapshot corresponding to the merge in core-updates that has
>   the fix.

I recommend you try again, but on the master branch. Core-updates is not
currently usable (hopefully soon!).