Subject: bug#27489: glibc fails to build on i686

From: Adonay Felipe Nogueira <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2017 21:57:39 -0300

NOTE: This message isn't meant to sound aggressive, it's just a question
from a novice Guix user.

Here is my situation:

- I'm using Guix in a foreign distribution (Trisquel 7).

- In 2017-06-12, I pulled and upgraded Guix and packages successfully as
  root.

- Last weekend I did (all as root): `guix gc` (successful), `guix pull`
  (successful), `guix package -u guix` (not successful, because of this
  bug).

- Some time has passed, and the core-updates branch now seems to have a
  fix for this bug.

- Yesterday (or was it the day before it?), I did (all as root): `guix
  gc` (successful), `guix pull` (not successfull, because of this bug),
  `guix gc`, `guix pull
  --url="https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/snapshot/guix-ed068b960eeedb92823238783779730319b8ba0e.tar.gz"`
  (not successful, because of this bug). Notice that in the last pull I
  used the snapshot corresponding to the merge in core-updates that has
  the fix.

Now, I'm thinking, how can I make the pull and the Guix package upgrade?

Respectfully, Adonay.
-- 
- [[https://libreplanet.org/wiki/User:Adfeno]]
- Palestrante e consultor sobre /software/ livre (não confundir com
  gratis).
- "WhatsApp"? Ele não é livre, por isso não uso. Iguais a ele prefiro
  GNU Ring, ou Tox. Quer outras formas de contato? Adicione o vCard
  que está no endereço acima aos teus contatos.
- Pretende me enviar arquivos .doc, .ppt, .cdr, ou .mp3? OK, eu
  aceito, mas não repasso. Entrego apenas em formatos favoráveis ao
  /software/ livre. Favor entrar em contato em caso de dúvida.