Subject: [bug#27485] [PATCH] gnu: nyacc: Update to 0.80.3.

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2017 10:02:39 +0200

Hello!

Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Arun Isaac writes:
>
>>>> In the intall phase, I get several warnings/errors similar to:
>>>>
>>>> ;;; note: auto-compilation is enabled, set GUILE_AUTO_COMPILE=0
>
>>> I wondered what to do here.  I could add a `setenv' phase and set
>>> GUILE_AUTO_COMPILE=0...but do we really want to do that for each
>>> individual guile package?
>>
>> I think we should have a guile-build-system that handles this sort of
>> thing. WDYT?
>
> Ask Ludo'?
> Sounds interesting though...would that combine with the gnu-build-system?

There are several packages in (gnu packages guile) that use
‘trivial-build-system’ and have a very similar body.  I’m sure we could
factorize part of it in, say, (guix build guile-compilation) and, if
they are similar enough, come up with ‘guile-build-system’.

How does that sound?

Ludo’.