Subject: bug#27481: 25.1; Autoloads in bug-references.el

From: Yuri Khan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2017 17:38:20 +0700

$ emacs -Q
C-x C-f ~/.emacs.d/magit

Observed behavior:

    The local variables list in […]/.emacs.d/magit/
    contains values that may not be safe (*).

    […]
    * bug-reference-bug-regexp: "#\\(?2:[0-9]+\\)"
      bug-reference-url-format: "https://github.com/magit/magit/issues/%s"

In bug-reference.el:

    ;;;###autoload
    (put 'bug-reference-url-format 'safe-local-variable
         (lambda (s)
           (or (stringp s)
               (and (symbolp s)
                    (get s 'bug-reference-url-format)))))

    (defcustom bug-reference-bug-regexp
      "\\([Bb]ug ?#?\\|[Pp]atch ?#\\|RFE ?#\\|PR
[a-z-+]+/\\)\\([0-9]+\\(?:#[0-9]+\\)?\\)"
      "Regular expression matching bug references.
    The second subexpression should match the bug reference (usually a number)."
      :type 'string
      :safe 'stringp
      :version "24.3"            ; previously defconst
      :group 'bug-reference)

The relevant section in loaddefs.el:

    ;;; Generated autoloads from progmodes/bug-reference.el

    (put 'bug-reference-url-format 'safe-local-variable (lambda (s)
(or (stringp s) (and (symbolp s) (get s 'bug-reference-url-format)))))

    (autoload 'bug-reference-mode "bug-reference" "\
    Toggle hyperlinking bug references in the buffer (Bug Reference mode).
    With a prefix argument ARG, enable Bug Reference mode if ARG is
    positive, and disable it otherwise.  If called from Lisp, enable
    the mode if ARG is omitted or nil.

    \(fn &optional ARG)" t nil)

    (autoload 'bug-reference-prog-mode "bug-reference" "\
    Like `bug-reference-mode', but only buttonize in comments and strings.

    \(fn &optional ARG)" t nil)

Should the (defcustom bug-reference-bug-regexp …) be autoloaded in order
for its :safe declaration to be taken in account? (Does that work? In
newcomment.el, I saw an autoloaded defcustom followed by an autoloaded
'put … 'safe-local-variable.)

In GNU Emacs 25.1.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.18.9)
 of 2016-12-13, modified by Debian built on lgw01-55
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11804000
System Description:    Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS

Configured using:
 'configure --build x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr
 --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var/lib --infodir=/usr/share/info
 --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs25:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/25.1/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --with-sound=alsa --build x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr
 --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var/lib --infodir=/usr/share/info
 --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs25:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/25.1/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --with-sound=alsa --with-x=yes --with-x-toolkit=gtk3
 --with-toolkit-scroll-bars 'CFLAGS=-g -O2 -fstack-protector-strong
 -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wall' 'CPPFLAGS=-Wdate-time
 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2' 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -Wl,-z,relro''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS
NOTIFY ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: en_RU.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: en_RU.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: en_RU.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message dired format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec password-cache epg epg-config gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util help-fns help-mode easymenu
cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib mail-prsvr mail-utils time-date mule-util
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 86460 5246)
 (symbols 48 19757 0)
 (miscs 40 49 121)
 (strings 32 14400 4851)
 (string-bytes 1 410516)
 (vectors 16 11752)
 (vector-slots 8 430954 2775)
 (floats 8 164 10)
 (intervals 56 247 0)
 (buffers 976 18)
 (heap 1024 18543 974))