Subject: bug#27476: guix pull fails on powerful server

From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2017 09:17:17 +0200

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:

> Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]> skribis:
>
>> I’ve tried “guix pull” on the same server again, this time limiting CPUs
>> with “taskset -c 0 guix pull”:
>
> As a stopgap, commit aba219af0fed6a349af930f19c913fb87e6a69dd ensures
> that ‘--cores’ is honored.  So if you run “guix pull --cores=1”, it will
> build things sequentially.
>
> Now, to take advantage of that, you first need to update to the current
> Guix…

Thank you, this worked!

On that server I built Guix from source and then let the users pull with
“--cores=1” to update their own Guix.

-- 
Ricardo

GPG: BCA6 89B6 3655 3801 C3C6  2150 197A 5888 235F ACAC
https://elephly.net