Subject: bug#27462: OCaml CVE-2015-8869

From: Julien Lepiller <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2019 18:30:27 +0100

Le 31 janvier 2019 18:21:13 GMT+01:00, Andreas Enge <[email-masked]> a écrit :
>On Thu, Jan 31, 2019 at 05:57:03PM +0100, Andreas Enge wrote:
>> Are people using the software
>
>I suppose not, because one of its dependencies currently does not
>build:
>
>...
>phase `ocaml-findlib-environment' succeeded after 0.0 seconds
>starting phase `configure'
>build directory:
>"/tmp/guix-build-ocaml4.01-gsl-1.22.0.drv-0/gsl-1.22.0"
>running 'configure' with arguments ("-prefix"
>"/gnu/store/2f0wbxxpva9pnl4877hcr1k9gnawnbgc-ocaml4.01-gsl-1.22.0")
>Backtrace:
>           5 (primitive-load "/gnu/store/g4hk79x8kdpgnq87jhy6qjj9qa1…")
>In ice-9/eval.scm:
>   191:35  4 (_ _)
>In srfi/srfi-1.scm:
>  863:16  3 (every1 #<procedure 6ef100 at /gnu/store/vnbx61brdhy87…> …)
>In
>/gnu/store/vnbx61brdhy87fhvwhrgf24qdgk1r4ww-module-import/guix/build/gnu-build-system.scm:
>   799:28  2 (_ _)
>In
>/gnu/store/vnbx61brdhy87fhvwhrgf24qdgk1r4ww-module-import/guix/build/ocaml-build-system.scm:
>     55:8  1 (configure #:outputs _ #:configure-flags _ #:test-flags …)
>In
>/gnu/store/vnbx61brdhy87fhvwhrgf24qdgk1r4ww-module-import/guix/build/utils.scm:
>    616:6  0 (invoke _ . _)
>
>/gnu/store/vnbx61brdhy87fhvwhrgf24qdgk1r4ww-module-import/guix/build/utils.scm:616:6:
>In procedure invoke:
>Throw to key `srfi-34' with args `(#<condition &invoke-error [program:
>"./configure" arguments: ("-prefix"
>"/gnu/store/2f0wbxxpva9pnl4877hcr1k9gnawnbgc-ocaml4.01-gsl-1.22.0")
>exit-status: 127 term-signal: #f stop-signal: #f] 491fc0>)'.
>builder for
>`/gnu/store/diyv95rimr1dl0m5n1ms8yclb6b139lc-ocaml4.01-gsl-1.22.0.drv'
>failed with exit code 1
>build of
>/gnu/store/diyv95rimr1dl0m5n1ms8yclb6b139lc-ocaml4.01-gsl-1.22.0.drv
>failed
>...
>
>Shall we remove all the ocaml-4.01 universe? The next step would be
>4.02,
>it appears that the CVE is solved with 4.03 only:
>
>https://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2015-8869
>   "OCaml before 4.03.0 does not properly handle..."
>
>Andreas

I still care about ocaml-4.02, but I could probably update it to ocaml-4.04 without breaking dependents.