Subject: Re: bug#27453: 25.1; vc/log-view.el log-view-message-re doesn't support newer Darcs log format

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2019 13:31:59 +0200

Rohan Hart <[email-masked]> writes:

> Well sure, I only raised this as log-view states:
>
> ;; Currently supports the format output by:
> ;; SCCS, RCS, CVS, Subversion, DaRCS, and Mercurial.
>
> And later mentions code related to both darcsum and vc-darcs.

Then perhaps it does make sense to add the regexp to log-view-message-re
after all.  The current definition is:

(defvar log-view-message-re
  (concat "^\\(?:revision \\(?1:[.0-9]+\\)\\(?:\t.*\\)?" ; RCS and CVS.
          "\\|r\\(?1:[0-9]+\\) | .* | .*"                ; Subversion.
          "\\|D \\(?1:[.0-9]+\\) .*"                     ; SCCS.
          ;; Darcs doesn't have revision names.  VC-darcs uses patch names
          ;; instead.  Darcs patch names are hashcodes, which do not appear
          ;; in the log output :-(, but darcs accepts any prefix of the log
          ;; message as a patch name, so we match the first line of the log
          ;; message.
          ;; First loosely match the date format.
          (concat "\\|[^ \n].*[^0-9\n][0-9][0-9]:[0-9][0-9][^0-9\n].*[^ \n]"
                  ;;Email of user and finally Msg, used as revision name.
                  "  .*@.*\n\\(?:  \\* \\(?1:.*\\)\\)?")
          "\\)$")

Is VC-darcs something else than darcs?  Or is that an Emacs package?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no