Subject: Re: bug#27450: guix pull failed updating guix

From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2017 14:27:52 -0400

On Thu, Jun 22, 2017 at 06:20:54PM +0200, Jonathan Brielmaier wrote:
> copying and compiling to
> '/gnu/store/ld6h1fc696q6iaxi9pax0khnm747hvgi-guix-latest' with Guile
> 2.0.12...
> loading...	 12.6% of 605 filesice-9/psyntax.scm:3084:32: In procedure
> #<procedure 4f831a0 (k filename)>:
> ice-9/psyntax.scm:3084:32: Syntax error:
> bytestructures/guile/base.scm:8:19: include-from-path: file not found in
> path in subform "bytestructures/r7/base.exports.sld" of
> (include-from-path "bytestructures/r7/base.exports.sld")
> builder for
> `/gnu/store/lh7ja8hk54rlx7q3hrch6726cgrsqr8j-guix-latest.drv' failed
> with exit code 1
> guix pull: error: build failed: build of
> `/gnu/store/lh7ja8hk54rlx7q3hrch6726cgrsqr8j-guix-latest.drv' failed
> $ guix --version
> guix (GNU Guix) 20170303.14
> 
> guile-version: 2.0.12

This Guix was a bit old (from March 2017) and was using Guile 2.0
instead of Guile 2.2.

I'm not sure, but I'd guess the issue is related to the recent addition
of a dependency on guile-bytestructures [0].

[0]
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/commit/?id=19c90e5f697bbf1be5ea3a7b4f5fe712d77070a1