Subject: bug#27450: guix pull failed updating guix

From: Jonathan Brielmaier <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2017 18:20:54 +0200

Hello,

I tried to update my guix installation with `guix pull` but it failed.
As shell I use fish, System is Linux Mint 17.3.

$ guix pull
[...]
The following derivations will be built:
   /gnu/store/lh7ja8hk54rlx7q3hrch6726cgrsqr8j-guix-latest.drv
   /gnu/store/d1bqy3zmi3xrmjr40lhdhmngcs8m7827-libgit2-0.25.1.drv
   /gnu/store/a2j5g8szv0wwy1vqsq959jva0jkc9jxy-module-import.drv
   /gnu/store/mqjybj2x91zkmyldqrj0bzjz39qlikj8-module-import-compiled.drv
   /gnu/store/r93v5wsy5vgba23q2bzff2an43rqz4l1-guile-git-0.0-0.969514a.drv
building path(s) `/gnu/store/r4wdd8dw3l11n0qkangqaznv5y0miwd1-module-import'
building path(s)
`/gnu/store/6kzngkxcxja7092j15gyfbiqn4dib414-libgit2-0.25.1'
grafting '/gnu/store/sp9dpc0rmwy3jsc8wh6ghkbc60i01428-libgit2-0.25.1' ->
'/gnu/store/6kzngkxcxja7092j15gyfbiqn4dib414-libgit2-0.25.1'...
building path(s)
`/gnu/store/bi0chwm3w2nfk3hdnshrd4rwcc5znd8c-module-import-compiled'
building path(s)
`/gnu/store/p7sx29xmgfdr7dnvwm90x5scymd5r34w-guile-git-0.0-0.969514a'
grafting
'/gnu/store/079i0qp6rdcwp5rkirwsi9y8g87id3c0-guile-git-0.0-0.969514a' ->
'/gnu/store/p7sx29xmgfdr7dnvwm90x5scymd5r34w-guile-git-0.0-0.969514a'...
warning: failed to install locale: Invalid argument
building path(s) `/gnu/store/ld6h1fc696q6iaxi9pax0khnm747hvgi-guix-latest'
copying and compiling to
'/gnu/store/ld6h1fc696q6iaxi9pax0khnm747hvgi-guix-latest' with Guile
2.0.12...
loading...	 12.6% of 605 filesice-9/psyntax.scm:3084:32: In procedure
#<procedure 4f831a0 (k filename)>:
ice-9/psyntax.scm:3084:32: Syntax error:
bytestructures/guile/base.scm:8:19: include-from-path: file not found in
path in subform "bytestructures/r7/base.exports.sld" of
(include-from-path "bytestructures/r7/base.exports.sld")
builder for
`/gnu/store/lh7ja8hk54rlx7q3hrch6726cgrsqr8j-guix-latest.drv' failed
with exit code 1
guix pull: error: build failed: build of
`/gnu/store/lh7ja8hk54rlx7q3hrch6726cgrsqr8j-guix-latest.drv' failed
$ guix --version
guix (GNU Guix) 20170303.14

guile-version: 2.0.12

If you need more information just ask, but probably I don't have any
further information because I reinstalled guix...

Jonathan