Subject: [bug#27449] [PATCH] gnu: Add js-respond.

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2017 11:33:51 +0200

Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]> skribis:

> This is a simplified version of what js-mathjax does, so that seems like
> a good template for minifying JavaScript files.  I’m just not sure how
> to generalise this, because projects don’t always put all their
> unminified .js files in a single directory and we can’t just minify all
> .js files, because
>
>   a) they might already be minified,
>   b) they might require compilation / concatenation.
>
> Maybe we should wait until we have some more experience with how other
> JS projects handle this.  I’m going to package a few more JS things for
> r-shiny; if a pattern should pop up I’m going to poor it into a build
> system.

If we can’t come up with a full build system, perhaps a (guix build
javascript) module could at least provide a ‘minify’ procedure that
invokes uglify, or something like that?

Ludo’.