Subject: bug#27446: 25.1; Crashing on rendering of Font

From: Mike Dupont <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2017 07:38:07 -0400

Emacs crashes when viewing the tsv results of this query in wikidata,
it looks like a font issue.

https://query.wikidata.org/#%23moderism%0ASELECT%20%20%3Fc%20%3Fp4%20%3Fd%20%0AWHERE%0A%7B%0A%20%20%3Fc%20%3Fp4%20%3Fd%20.%0A%20%20%3Fa%20%3Fp3%20%3Fc%20.%0A%20%20%09%3Fa%20%3Fp%20%3Fitem%20.%0A%09%3Fitem%20ps%3AP135%20wd%3AQ878985%20.%0A%09%0A%7D

#moderism
SELECT  ?c ?p4 ?d
WHERE
{
  ?c ?p4 ?d .
  ?a ?p3 ?c .
  ?a ?p ?item .
?item ps:P135 wd:Q878985 .
}

Export results in tsv and open in emacs. I will attach the core files
and data files to the ticket for completeness.

In GNU Emacs 25.1.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.12)
 of 2017-04-23, modified by Debian built on trouble
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11604000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 7.11 (wheezy)

Configured using:
 'configure --build x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr
 --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var/lib --infodir=/usr/share/info
 --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs25:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/25.1/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --with-sound=alsa --build x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr
 --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var/lib --infodir=/usr/share/info
 --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs25:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/25.1/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --with-sound=alsa --with-x=yes --with-x-toolkit=gtk3
 --with-toolkit-scroll-bars 'CFLAGS=-g -O2
 -fdebug-prefix-map=/build/emacs25-d2FC1K/emacs25-25.1+1=.
-fstack-protector-strong
 -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wall' 'CPPFLAGS=-Wdate-time
 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2' LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS
NOTIFY ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Text

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Loading debian-ispell...
Loading /var/cache/dictionaries-common/emacsen-ispell-default.el (source)...done
Loading debian-ispell...done
Loading /var/cache/dictionaries-common/emacsen-ispell-dicts.el (source)...done
Loading /etc/emacs/site-start.d/50dictionaries-common.el (source)...done
Loading /etc/emacs/site-start.d/50lilypond-data.el (source)...done
Loading /etc/emacs/site-start.d/50python-docutils.el (source)...done
Loading /etc/emacs/site-start.d/50systemtap-common.el (source)...done
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Making completion list...

Load-path shadows:
/usr/share/emacs/25.1/site-lisp/debian-startup hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/debian-startup
/usr/share/emacs25/site-lisp/cmake-data/cmake-mode hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/cmake-mode
/home/mdupont/.emacs.d/elpa/flim-20160831.633/hex-util hides
/usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/hex-util
/home/mdupont/.emacs.d/elpa/flim-20160831.633/md4 hides
/usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/md4
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/rst hides /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/textmodes/rst
/home/mdupont/.emacs.d/elpa/flim-20160831.633/hmac-def hides
/usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/net/hmac-def
/home/mdupont/.emacs.d/elpa/flim-20160831.633/sasl hides
/usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/net/sasl
/home/mdupont/.emacs.d/elpa/flim-20160831.633/ntlm hides
/usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/net/ntlm
/home/mdupont/.emacs.d/elpa/flim-20160831.633/sasl-digest hides
/usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/net/sasl-digest
/home/mdupont/.emacs.d/elpa/flim-20160831.633/sasl-ntlm hides
/usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/net/sasl-ntlm
/home/mdupont/.emacs.d/elpa/flim-20160831.633/hmac-md5 hides
/usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/net/hmac-md5
/home/mdupont/.emacs.d/elpa/flim-20160831.633/sasl-cram hides
/usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/net/sasl-cram

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message dired format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec password-cache epg gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr mail-utils vc-git
diff-mode easy-mmode finder-inf go-mode-autoloads eieio eieio-core
advice cl-seq cl-macs cl edmacro kmacro info package epg-config seq
byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra help-mode easymenu cconv
cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 123055 4564)
 (symbols 48 24043 0)
 (miscs 40 104 269)
 (strings 32 28346 5475)
 (string-bytes 1 942216)
 (vectors 16 16441)
 (vector-slots 8 484789 5473)
 (floats 8 232 147)
 (intervals 56 316 0)
 (buffers 976 20))

-- 
James Michael DuPont