Subject: Re: [bug#27431] Acl test investigation

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2017 22:19:09 +0200

Hello Kei,

Kei Kebreau <[email-masked]> skribis:

> I discovered that the Acl tests are failing partly because the coreutils
> seemingly aren't compiled with Acl support before the tests are run
> (even though acl is an input to coreutils). The tests are written with
> the assumption that the coreutils are built with Acl support. An example
> is in the sbits-restore.test file, where a sed command is expecting to
> remove an Acl bit from ls output, but instead removes normal directory
> permission information.
>
> Any ideas on how to resolve this without disabling the Acl tests?

Could you give a bit more context?  On which branch does this failure
happen?

If the unit tests of the ‘acl’ package check the output of ‘ls’, then
there’s a circular dependency issue between Coreutils and ACL.  I would
argue that it’s up to Coreutils to test its ‘ls’ command, but in the
meantime, we could patch ACL to skip its ‘ls’ test.

Is this what you were asking?  :-)

Ludo’.