Subject: bug#27431: closed (Re: [bug#27431] Acl test investigation)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2017 23:23:02 +0000

Your bug report

#27431: Acl test investigation

which was filed against the guix-patches package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
27431: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=27431
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: [bug#27431] Acl test investigation
From: Kei Kebreau <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2017 15:45:09 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Kei Kebreau <[email-masked]> writes:

> I discovered that the Acl tests are failing partly because the coreutils
> seemingly aren't compiled with Acl support before the tests are run
> (even though acl is an input to coreutils). The tests are written with
> the assumption that the coreutils are built with Acl support. An example
> is in the sbits-restore.test file, where a sed command is expecting to
> remove an Acl bit from ls output, but instead removes normal directory
> permission information.
>
> Any ideas on how to resolve this without disabling the Acl tests?

Wrong mailing list...

Subject: Acl test investigation
From: Kei Kebreau <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2017 12:37:55 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I discovered that the Acl tests are failing partly because the coreutils
seemingly aren't compiled with Acl support before the tests are run
(even though acl is an input to coreutils). The tests are written with
the assumption that the coreutils are built with Acl support. An example
is in the sbits-restore.test file, where a sed command is expecting to
remove an Acl bit from ls output, but instead removes normal directory
permission information.

Any ideas on how to resolve this without disabling the Acl tests?