Subject: bug#27429: Stack clash (CVE-2017-1000366 etc)

From: Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2017 11:49:41 -0400

[email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès) writes:

> As discussed yesterday on IRC, here’s a patch that applies the glibc
> patches for CVE-2017-1000366 in ‘core-updates’.
>
> That’s a rebuild-the-world change but we still have work to do in
> ‘core-updates’ anyway, notably regarding the Perl dot-in-@INC issue.
>
> OK for you?

Sounds good to me, but I've already merged 'master' into 'core-updates'
with this as a graft, so what's remains is to ungraft it there.

Also note that when I merged it, I forgot to add
"glibc-memchr-overflow-i686.patch" to the older variants of 'glibc'.
Unfortunately, this was a case where git merge automatically did the
wrong thing, without any conflict.  I was going to fix this soon by
eliminating the redundant lists of patches, but now I won't have to.

     Thanks,
       Mark